Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
This role is for applicants on EMEA timezones, if you are on North/South American timezones please apply here: https://jobs.lever.co/kraken/bf07855d-0214-4d45-b0ac-ae9520a6e01f
We’re looking for exceptional Senior Frontend Engineers to work on our React based web applications.
You’ll be joining a fully remote team within the Kraken Engineering department and your success on this team will be measured by your contributions to its pursuit of perfection both from a product feature and engineering architecture perspective, thus a strong team player mindset is required. You must possess excellent technical knowledge and the ability to accomplish amazing amounts of important work, seek what is best for Kraken and its success, create new and useful ideas, make time to help colleagues, challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better approaches, admit mistakes freely and openly, treat people with respect even if you’re in disagreement with them, and above all provide frequent candid corrective feedback to your teammates.
At Kraken we strongly believe that high performance teams filled with stunning colleagues is a core foundation of success in software development and we require all our engineers to embody that mindset.
- 4+ years of professional experience working with React
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- Excellent knowledge of React and Next.js
- Excellent knowledge of modern state management libraries (Flux pattern)
- Experience both with REST and Websocket based web services
- Experience building framework and platform agnostic packages
- Experience working on complex enterprise systems, or proven ability to successfully deliver a greenfield product
- Ability to take extreme ownership over your work
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Forensic attention to detail
- You’re passionate about software development... it’s not just your career, it’s your hobby
- You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve. You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current
Nice to have
- Knowledge of and passion for cryptocurrency
- Knowledge of XState (or similar)
- Knowledge of Web Workers
- Knowledge of the Actor pattern and how it can be used on the web
- Knowledge of React Native
- Knowledge of Rust
Location Tagging: #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us
Watch "Top 10 Qualities of Kraken - How to Grow a Decacorn Remixed""
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
Deadline for applications: 09.12.2022.