Senior Front-end Developer
Location: Novi Sad, Serbia
IvyExec.com is a leading online platform for successful business professionals. With over 1.7 million global business leaders within our membership, Ivy Exec partners with organizations that wish to gain visibility to this highly sought-after, high caliber demographic. Our Corporate and University clients include MIT, INSEAD, SalesForce, Deloitte Consulting, Nielsen, and others. Ivy Exec has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in the US for 3 consecutive years.
We are looking for a Senior Front-end developer to join our engineering team in Novi Sad, Serbia who is excited to combine the art of design with the art of programming. As a senior front-end developer, your work will be critical to company success and your ability to think critically, communicate your ideas, and collaborate will be vital to our team. As a front end developer, your role will involve working with multiple teams on multiple platforms to create and maintain software products. Our front end developers are expected to lead by example in some of the following ways:
- Working closely with designers, product managers, and stakeholders to build highly use-able interfaces with intuitive controls and engaging interactions for our enterprise and consumer web applications.
- Translating design wireframes to well formed, performant code that is maintainable and extensible using modern technologies.
- Analyzing, presenting, and planning forward-looking opportunities for software development excellence.
- Collaborating within a cross functional team using Agile Software Management practices while solving problems from product ideation to deployment & maintenance.
- Actively contributing to software solutions through critical thinking, comprehension, and communication skills.
- Develop new user-facing features across consumer, enterprise, and business web applications
- Build reuseable code and libraries for future use
- Refactor, maintain, and extend current code base
- Document your work using Agile best practices
- Perform regular maintenance and updates on existing websites
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Optimize applications for speed and scalability
- Optimize applications for useability and SEO performance
- Collaborate with product teams including design, development, QA, and data, as well as with business stakeholders
- Elicit requirements from business stakeholders and document work in the form of technical specifications, functional specifications, workflow diagrams, systems diagrams, and other software management artifacts.
- Research, present and advocate high quality, well-tested solutions
- Expert understanding of modern web markup / data formats including HTML5, CSS3, XML, JSON
- Expert understanding of HTTP and best practices
- Proficient understanding of web browser & OS support, interoperability constraints, transpilation and exception handling
- Experience with pre-processors, package loaders, dependency managers, task runnners, bundlers & compilers including Sass, LESS, Bower, Gulp, Babel, Parcel, Compass, and WebPack
- Experience with legacy UI frameworks & libraries including jQuery and Bootstrap
- Experience with front end frameworks including React, Angular, and Vue
- Experience with Git workflows and version control best practices
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with Node, Express, and Regular Expressions
- Experience with building highly performant, database driven responsive websites
- Good understanding of Agile Software Management practices & processes
- Good understanding of SEO principles, what factors affect search rankings, and workarounds for dynamic websites
- Excellent English reading and writing skills
- 6+ years of front end portfolio experience
- Experience in Web Design including UI, UX, and interaction design
- Experience with complex animations, HTML5 Canvas, and SVG
- Experience with technical and functional specification writing
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator
- Experience with WordPress development, PHP, and MySQL
- Experience with web services (API) design and development
- Experience with other web frameworks (pros & cons) such as Ruby on Rails, Django, MEAN, Laravel
- Experience with middle-ware and server-side design patterns (JS server-side libraries, BaaS models, MongoDB, Redux, Express, Mongoose, GraphQL)
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- Office lunches every Friday
- Thursday Happy Hours
- Flexible work schedule including Work From Home options and rolling Paid Time Off
- Inclusive, agile environment that rewards technical leadership and excellence