Endava is looking for a DevOps Engineer for the cross-functional scrum team. His/her role will be to support the team in build/deploy/test/promote process, improving the flow of CI/CD pipeline on the way to production.
From day one you’ll be a part of the project team and work closely with them on tasks related to:
- Breaking down monolith into microservice architecture
- Agile methodology, cross-functional scrum teams
- Using all the latest & greatest tools and principles
- CI/CD going all the way to production environment
- Chance to participate in and learn from highly skilled engineers and teams
- Don’t worry if you feel less experienced! You’ll be working with top-notch engineers in the team who will be in charge to help you grow as a professional.
- Developing and maintaining build scripts and deployment tools
- Optimizing build process
- Developing and testing solutions in Java based on given requirements
- Estimating tasks and participating in daily team sync-ups
- Participating in code reviews
- Daily communication with the client through emails, phone sync-ups etc.
- Establishing new DevOps processes and systems to facilitate transition of code to production environments using best practice automation scripting (e.g. managing large development projects at varying stages)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of experience on the same or similar roles
- Good knowledge of VMWare, Jenkins, and Groovy
- Good knowledge of Shell and Python scripting
- Experience with source control systems (GIT/SVN)
- Basic understanding or experience with one of the popular Configuration Management tools, such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Basic understanding or experience with at least one of the major cloud providers: AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Knowledge of Linux command line and Bash scripting
- Working knowledge of Git
- Passion and initiative for continuous learning about new technologies
The following skills would be a plus:
- Understanding of Java fundamentals
- Experience in CI/CD pipeline – XL Release/Jenkins
- Experience with ELK stack
- Experience with Azure and OpenStack cloud
At Endava, we are genuinely interested in attracting top talent and helping you to realize your potential and develop your skills to the next level! Yes, you’ve got this one right – our main focus is indeed on you because our people are what makes us a great place to work!
At our Belgrade office we are running a number of challenging projects for well-known international companies which are leaders in Software Industry, Networking, Consulting and Finance. We receive increasing workload from our clients and are therefore in a need of hiring more people skilled with DevOps/Cloud Operations.
What makes Endava different from other IT companies?
We are a stable 700+ engineers’ company (7300+ engineers on a global level!) and one of the largest IT companies in Serbia operating since 1996!
Boost your knowledge and experience by working with experts in the team – we won’t ever leave you hanging!
Do your work without being constrained by too many procedures – we ship our code fast and are not afraid of experimenting!
If you get bored on a project from any reason, we have couple of dozen interesting projects so you can pick the one you like the most! We provide you with career opportunities within the company and will support you in driving your career in any direction you want to go!
Deadline for applications: 27.06.2021.