We are looking for:
Senior Data Scientist
You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens, and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes;
- Undertake processing and analysis of structured and unstructured data;
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms to address business problems;
- Present information using data visualization techniques;
- Propose solutions and strategies to address business challenges;
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams;
- Create and update technical documentation and participate in documenting all data science processes.
What you’ll need
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra);
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist;
- Deep knowledge of machine learning algorithms;
- Python or similar data science capable programming language experience;
- Problem-solving attitude;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Bachelor degree (equivalent) or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field;
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills as you will be part of an international team.
What’s nice to have
- Experience with scientific research and/or writing patents;
- Experience with end-to-end deep learning methodology;
- Experience with sequential data (e.g. GPS, location data, audio, text, …);
- Master of science or Ph.D. degree.
Meet your team
We’re Navigation, a product unit within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. We develop software for onboard, hybrid, and online navigation applications – used by hundreds of millions of people around the world. Using a Navigation Data Standard (NDS) run-time format, our software includes navigation domain logic for traffic-dependent routing, route guidance, map visualization, search, positioning, and machine learning-based predictions and suggestions. On our team, you’ll see your work transforming connected and embedded navigation around the world.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.