Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
At Toptal, we measure everything and always rely on data to guide all of our initiatives, including both our long-term strategy and our day-to-day operations.
As a Senior Data Engineer, your main goal is to be one step ahead of data scientists and analysts. You will support them by providing infrastructure and tools they can use to deliver end-to-end solutions to business problems that can be developed rapidly and maintained easily. This is more than building and maintaining ETL pipelines. We need innovation, creativity, and solutions that will have a significant impact on our velocity. We, in turn, will give you autonomy and freedom to turn your ideas into reality.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Build scalable, highly performant infrastructure for delivering clear business insights from a variety of raw data sources.
- Develop batch & real-time analytical solutions, prototypes, and proofs of concept for selected solutions.
- Build frameworks and tools to empower our data scientists and analysts.
- Implement complex analytical projects with a focus on collecting, managing, analyzing, and visualizing data.
- Be in constant communication with team members and other relevant parties and convey results efficiently and clearly.
In the first week, expect to:
- Meet mentors that will help you during your onboarding month.
- Start participating in company-wide training sessions.
- Setup your local environment and become familiar with our tech stack.
In the first month, expect to:
- Build your first Pull Request and have it deployed to production.
- Learn about the technology that powers Toptal - the services, patterns, and libraries we use and develop.
- Have a good understanding of Toptal’s business.
- Develop a deeper understanding of our technology, processes, and product pipeline.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Have strong knowledge of Toptal’s business.
- Actively supply software planning, development, and maintenance.
- Be ready to propose and implement improvements to Toptal’s processes and codebase.
- Deliver value in a regular cadence.
- Get comfortable in your daily work within your team.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Lead technical initiatives on our team.
- Drive improvements to the codebase and processes.
- Contribute to planning and executing multi-sprint initiatives inside your team.
- Be able to not only solve complex problems, but also consider multiple solutions, weigh them and decide on the best course of action.
- Proactively identify technical debt and product areas that require attention or improvements and suggest improvements in our technology stack.
In the first year, expect to:
- Have a detailed understanding of Toptal’s business, collaboration rituals, processes, performance, and future work.
- Determine what your career path looks like at Toptal.
- Mentor Toptal’s new team members.
- Meet your team in person during an off-site.
- Give and receive 360 feedback in a yearly review cycle.
- Working experience with Python and Pandas.
- Experience with SQL.
- Familiarity with the basic principles of distributed computing and data modeling.
- Extensive experience with object-oriented design and coding and testing patterns, including experience with engineering software platforms and data infrastructures.
- Working experience with Airflow and Luigi is a big plus.
- Working experience with Scala is a plus.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform (e.g. GCS and BigQuery) is a plus.
- Working experience with Dimensional Modeling.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be excited about collaborating daily with your team and other groups while working via a distributed model.
- Be eager to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving constructive feedback.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
Please Note: This is a role that, while not open at the moment, highlights skill sets that are consistently in high demand within Toptal. We encourage interested applicants to apply - as a rapidly scaling company, we end up developing innovative new roles often. We regularly review the applicants for this position to find matches for these unique opportunities.
Upoznaj kompaniju Toptal
Toptal je globalna mreža vrhunskih talenata u poslu, dizajnu i tehnologiji koja omogućava kompanijama da skaliraju svoje timove na zahtev. Sa 200 miliona dolara godišnjeg prihoda i preko 40% rasta u odnosu na prošlu godinu, Toptal je najveća distribuirana radna snaga na svetu.
Balans karijere i privatnog života
Iskustvo o radu
Senior Software Developer
Radio sam za njih 3 godine. Izuzetna kompanija, bio sam mozda i najzadovoljniji radeci za njih. Organizacija je na zavidnom nivou, domace kompanije mogu da uce od njih. Prednost je sto postoji mogucnost biranja projekata i kompanija sa kojima se saradjuje kao i pregovaranje o naplati u nekim slucajevima. Radi se od kuce, sto je meni bio veliki plus. Radio sam na 2,3 projekta u isto vreme i zaradio daleko vise nego da sam radio iz neke kancelarije. Sve u svemu, veliki + za ovu organizaciju.
Jako je postalo kompetitivno, neki juniori uporno pokusavaju da preuzmu na sebe poslove kojima nisu dorasli i koce projekte velike vaznosti.
Rad od kuće
Rad od kuće
Tvoje mišljenje nam znači!
Anonimno podeli svoje iskustvo i pomozi kandidatima koji se interesuju za ovu kompaniju.