About the team
FIS Institutional and Wholesale is seeking a software engineer with strong skills to join our Ambit development team working on a variety of financial engineering projects for asset/liability management and interest rate risk product offerings. He or she will thrive in a highly collaborative environment using agile development processes.
What you will be doing
- Participate in project planning sessions, working closely with business analysts, development and QA team members to analyze requirements and provide design recommendations for complex systems
- Design and develop new software or modify existing software using disciplined processes, adhering to industry standards and best practices
- Take part in reviews of work, e.g. design and code reviews, and demonstrate software to all stakeholders
- Share knowledge and provide technical assistance to other team members within areas of expertise
- Work with technical staff to analyze problems with complex software and resolve them.
- Monitor the performance of team members against strategic targets and provide mentoring or training, if necessary
What you bring
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer/Information Sciences, Mathematics/Statistics or Financial Engineering. Alternatively, a Master's degree.
- Strong knowledge of OO, SoA and/or REST and multi-tier architectures
- Experience throughout the SDLC using Microsoft technologies (i.e., .Net/C#, SQL Server)
- Experience with web services development (Web API, REST)
- Experience with SQL Server, including database design, developing stored procedures, functions, triggers
- Strong logical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills to effectively express ideas, engage in complex discussions and collaborate with a wide range of colleagues
- Delivery-oriented team player who takes responsibility for the team’s success.
Added bonus if you have
- Experience in the banking industry, especially in asset/liability and risk management
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development and Model Driven Development
- Experience with workflow management processes, architectures and tools
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g., Hadoop, MongoDB, Cassandra)
What we offer you
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, work from home – 4 days per month, etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.