Senior Back-End Magento Developer
We are on the lookout for a Senior Back-End Magento Developer, who can offer additional technical expertise to our team in Serbia and work remotely with our well-established team in Manchester.
CTI would love to hear from experienced Magento developers who'd be interested in joining the team. The successful candidate will have an excellent knowledge of Magento 1 and Magento 2 development and be accustomed to planning and implementing elegant, maintainable solutions which serve a client's requirements.
We offer the opportunity to work collaboratively on challenging projects, delivering high-quality solutions for an impressive range of clients.
Find out more about what it's like to work at CTI in our careers brochure.
A Senior Back-End Magento Developer will:
- Be able to communicate regularly with Project Managers and the wider team via daily scrums and retrospectives.
- Communicate with clients via Jira tickets.
- Develop solutions to solve agreed acceptance criteria.
- Contribute to the Magento Community via our open source projects.
- Contribute to and attend Magento meetings where we discuss improving our workflows and processes.
- Perform builds and deploys via CTI’s continuous integration system (we use Atlasssian Bamboo).
- Follow CTI’s branching strategy (we use Git-Flow and this is linked to Jira).
- Estimate development time for tasks.
- Communicate with clients via Screen Share, Meetings and Jira.
- Perform coding to written technical specifications.
- Identify performance bottlenecks and implement fixes.
- Communicate regularly with Project Managers to provide an understanding of technical requirements, processes and dependencies.
- Create and maintain technical documentation using internal knowledge management platforms (Atlassian Confluence)
Projects you will be working on:
You will be working on a mixture of Magento 1 and Magento 2 projects from our Serbia office, which will range from:
- Project Builds: Which will be a mixture of Magento 1 -> Magento 2 migrations an 3rd Party Platform -> Magento 2 migrations
- Scheduled Development: Which will be used to extend the feature-set on an existing commerce implementation.
- Support & Maintenance: Which will involve the installation of security patches and the diagnosis and resolution of support tickets.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Strong written and spoken English.
- High PHP competency and adhere to set coding standards.
- A proven track record in Magento 1 & Magento 2 development (3 years combined experience minimum).
- Strong OO programming knowledge including GOF design patterns.
- Experience of integrating Magento with 3rd party ERP / CRM systems.
- Experience of working with both Magento Community & Magento Enterprise.
- Experience of using and extending the Magento API.
- Experience of creating Magento plugins.
- Experience of XML-RPC, REST, SOAP and other web services.
- A proactive, entrepreneurial and self-motivated outlook.
- Extensive experience and a high standard of PHP coding ability, with an understanding of the advantages of producing clean, maintainable code.
- Experience in estimating and delivering technically complex integrations.
- High proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Experience with turning a clients requirement into an implementable solution.
- Experience producing technical estimates.
- Experience working with admin grids.
- Experience with using Docker for project virtualisation in an Ubuntu / Mac OSX environment
Other desirable traits include:
- Completion of a Magento certification
- Experience with the Atlassian suite
- Experience working with advertising/creative agencies and/or software development houses, sales teams, and multi-disciplinary teams a major advantage.
- Use of the PHP Storm IDE.
- Use of code-sniffer and mess-detector to write clean, maintainable code.
- Experience in working with Graph QL.
- Experience in implementing headless commerce solutions.
- Experience working with message queues (Rabbit MQ, Amazon SQS).
- Experience with running performance tests and profiling.
Our projects are delivered with tight collaboration between developers, production and project management and quality assurance teams. We do not work in isolation, rather in a supportive environment, focused on supporting and learning from one another. At CTI, we actively listen to our staff, who are encouraged to help influence how our business evolves.