Introducing Arcadis Gen
Are you interested in joining a start up with bold global ambitions, that already has the backing of, a €3+ billion revenue, 27000+ person organisation operating in over 70 countries, that has deep market sector insights in collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services?
We are creating a new entity focused upon accelerating the investment and development of digital solutions which support the asset lifecycle and will position Arcadis as a digital front runner in the fields of digitized asset management, cities and mobility. Our focus is upon accelerating our ability to bring highly scalable digital propositions quickly and seamlessly to both existing and new Arcadis clients across the globe.
We have a clear vision that will enable us to rapidly scale our existing digital capabilities and innovate based on the identified underserved demand in the market, by creating industry leading products, platforms and solutions. Our strategy to become more digitally focused has already seen the acquisition of two digital asset management companies to build on our existing digital capabilities from the Arcadis technology division, all of which will form the foundations of this new digital entity.
The Opportunity – Envisioning Future Trajectory
Arcadis Gen are looking for an experienced Scrum Master to work with one of our Software Product Development teams, to manage the operation of the team and support best practise Agile methodology across the organisation. You will be working with several Scrum teams typically consisting of seven software developers, split across London (Canary Wharf - Head Office) and Serbia (Belgrade), a Product Support member and the Product Owner.
The team you will be working with develops the core desktop application, reporting, and mobile products which are consumed by all Arcadis Gen cloud-hosted Industry Solutions. We are rapidly expanding the number and size of our product teams, which you will be instrumental in facilitating. You will help grow the knowledge and benefits of Agile methodology within our organisation going forward.
· Act as a servant leader - with a mindset of serving the scrum team.
· Support the implementation of scrum theory - roles, events, and artefacts.
· Support the team to be more self-organised and cross-functional.
· Support the team in understanding the user story/task life cycle (DoD, DoR)
· Integrate tools (such as Jira, Confluence and Azure DevOps) in the scrum delivery and educate the team to become self-sufficient in utilizing them throughout the agile development cycle.
Running the Sprint:
· Conduct and facilitate sprint ceremonies (Daily stand up, sprint planning, sprint backlog refinement, sprint review and sprint retrospective sessions) effectively.
· Facilitate the team in converting the business requirements to technical tasks.
· Support the development team and the product owner in resolving impediments to ensure highest velocity.
· Manage and communicate Sprint progress, ensuring the Scrum Board remains up to date
· Facilitate development team in the creation of appropriate test data, execution of test cases and updating of support documentation.
· Protect the team from distractions to ensure their delivery is not impacted and the sprint goal is achieved.
· Co-ordinate with the product owner to understand the product vision and support the team in fulfilling this vision.
· Guide the product owner in breaking down the high-level requirements to valuable backlog items (Epics, user stories and tasks).
· Support the product owner in prioritizing the backlog items (MVP/Non-MVP) to maximize value.
Facilitate Sprint Improvements:
· Help the team to achieve better estimation and planning practises in order to facilitate more precise product roadmap commitments
· Complete monthly status reports and team improvements (technical and functional) and communicate to management
Mastering and Promoting Agile Principles:
· Coach, educate and support the scrum team in implementing the basic principles of various agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban and SAFe).
· Guide the organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum processes; help the team assess their Scrum maturity and how to achieve higher levels of maturity
Key Relationships, Collaborations and Connections
· Co-ordinate with the other scrum masters across the organization to share, discuss and implement the best practices
· Support the organization to develop the solution seamlessly using continuous integration.
What We Are Looking For
Required and Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
· 4 years’ experience in a Scrum Master role in a software development team
· Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, continuous improvement, empowerment, transparency and servant leadership
· Knowledge of Agile approaches – Kanban, Scrum etc.
· Knowledge and experience with Agile techniques – Automated Testing, User Stories, Testing, [CR1] Agile Games, etc.
· Knowledge of IBM Maximo and/or a programming language (we currently work mostly in Java)
· Knowledge of Atlassian tools (Jira and Confluence) is preferred but not essential
· Knowledge of Microsoft tools (Azure Devops) is preferred but not essential
· Knowledge or awareness of Asset Management is beneficial by not essential
Who Are We?
At Gen we have a mantra which is to be Bold, Agile and to deliver Accelerated Growth, this focuses our efforts and defines the way in which we will deliver to the market.
Our spirit, makes us unique, binds us together and sits at the very essence of who we are and how we ‘show’ up.
· Our fear of failure is mitigated by a thirst for positive disruption.
· We demonstrate intellectual humility – we can admit we are wrong and may change our options often, when new information or insights come to hand.
· We value talent, skill & knowledge but prize agility and adaptability above all else.
· We are optimists believing that we can and we will always find a way…..mindset matters.
We are motivated and driven by:
· An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to be inventive and free from tight organizational constraints.
· A desire to learn and grow, to push and challenge ourselves and to test the limits of our potential.
· To attempt the extraordinary, motivated to achieve even in the face of set back or obstacle.
· To collaborate, pursuing shared rather than individual goals, believing that we do our best work when we default to ‘open’ rather than ‘closed’.
· Playing a role on the global stage, leading and influencing the future of our industry and sector and by deeply understanding the needs of our clients.
Leadership at Gen
Leadership at Gen is not based on principles of power and control but rather on encouraging self-determination, experimentation and creativity. Our leaders actively:
· Encourage experimentation: The role of a leader is not to reduce risks or prevent failures, but to create an environment resilient enough to take these risks and handle the missteps.
· Instill trust: Silos are the enemy of agility, to be truly agile requires foundations built on trust, discipline and single-minded focus, collaboration and transparency are essential to success.
· Cultivate diversity of thought: Believe that different views, healthy debate and respectful conflict are good things, they are the catalysts for creativity & will fuel our innovation
Who is Arcadis?
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are a multi-billion business that employees 27,000+ people globally. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The community of the future is a place for everyone, and Arcadis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment is based on merit and business need.
[CR1]Not sure what this is referring to, pair programming perhaps?