At Smallstep we believe distributed systems deserve great security out-of-the-box, and we're on a mission to shift the paradigm away from network perimeter security.
As a remote-first company, we work reasonable, flexible hours. We look for people who are thoughtful, can break down problems, and often work individually. You are trusted to work on your own and to ask for help when blocked. At Smallstep you get the benefit of working with a tight-knit team across many areas and contribute directly to the success of the organization. Do you love open-source software, developer communities, and want to do impactful work while helping others do the same? Keep reading.
Qualities of an ideal candidate for this role include:
- Desire to be the domain expert in certificate management and the technical lead on client relationships
- Deliver pre-sales engineering support including technical discovery, architectural guidance, sales campaign support, and ongoing client relationships
- Providing expert guidance on identity and authentication concepts with a strong skill set in infrastructure architecture, cloud, IT operations, security, and development technologies
- Work closely with clients on product evaluations and proof of concepts
- Identify, document, and help implement new use cases for the smallstep toolchain
- 3+ years working with end-users in professional environments and 1+ years in a technical sales role
- Strong knowledge of modern cloud architectures and popular development tools, platforms, and/or relevant frameworks
- Comfort walking users through new scenarios and technical implementations
- Understanding of technologies such as HTTPS/TLS, certificates (X.509), and OAuth
- Great people skills and the ability to document everything for others to find and take action against
We believe in action-based empathy. We actively work to create an environment where everyone feels welcome and valued as teammates and contributors. We know a diverse team is essential to create a vibrant and inclusive culture that fosters a true sense of belonging. By embracing the unique talents and perspectives of our entire team, we approach challenges in ways that a monocultural team simply cannot.
We’re committed to building a tight-knit group that is collaborative, low-ego, and results driven that represents a variety of skills, backgrounds, and lived experiences. We believe everyone deserves a competitive salary, industry leading benefits, the ability to share in the company’s success, and the psychological safety to be their truest selves at work.
Smallstep is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We encourage all those interested to apply.
Smallstep gradi autoritet za identitet za razvojne / sek / operativne timove koji se integriše za isporuku, čineći kod „svesnim identiteta“ kako bi osigurao povezane aplikacije preko oblaka, kontejnera, bez servera i uređaja.