SaaSOps Software Engineering Manager
$ 100k/Year Flexible Long-term
Good fit for: Infrastructure Manager
Are you thrilled to make a positive impact in the reliability and costs of 100s of SaaS products? Can you constantly raise your team's performance by setting and enforcing higher quality standards? Are you the type of analytical manager who measures all steps in the value stream to make data-driven decisions? If yes, then this role may be for you.
As a SaaSops SEM you will need deep technical leadership to provide excellent service availability for complex distributed systems. You will be an orchestrator for the business, engineering, support and professional services teams to provide an excellent experience to our customers.
Crossover recruits and builds world class high performing teams to power the fastest growing portfolio of software products in the world. No other company provides the training and the opportunities to test yourself on the depth and diversity of projects that we do. All roles are location independent so you are guaranteed to work with the best in the world. Challenge yourself. Be part of the change.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
The SaaSOps Engineering Manager ($100K/year) will be expected to ensure the availability, uptime and cost optimization of our high-quality products.
You should have an always-on mentality, a passion for metrics-driven decisions, and a desire to execute drastically differentiated technical operations processes using cutting edge technologies.
Our managers typically lead a team of 5-20 talented people, consisting of Engineers, Architects, and Chief Architects. We expect you to constantly improve the quality of team performance by coaching and mentoring. You are expected to leverage your technical depth as a former sysadmin, developer, and architect to push the team towards a high standard of technical excellence and be achieving the organization's quality bar.
Our business methodology is to set aggressive quarterly goals for our products, which are driven by our product management team or the overall IT strategy. We measure performance weekly and the SaaSOps Engineering Manager will be expected to lead their team towards achieving daily and weekly goals. At Crossover, we set high-quality bars and push for constant improvements.
- Ensure that our multi-tenant infrastructure running more than 100 different products yields four nines and more of availability
- Mentor your teams of Chief architect, architects and engineers to deliver a consistently high-quality product which has a high “First Time Acceptance Rate” from the engineering leadership
- Eliminate complexity from both architecture and processes
- Optimize our public cloud computing costs
- Manage the uptime error budget of your product
- Perform capacity planning and pre-launch reviews
- Employ modern instrumentation to enable production applications and infrastructure observability and then act upon the results
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in hands-on system administration, Cloud/SaaS/PaaS operations
- Proven managerial skills with at least 3 years of experience managing teams of 5-10 people
- Production experience in SaaSOps/TechOps/Infrastructure Ops/DevOps, as well as networking, performance, security
- Excellent level of English proficiency
NICE TO HAVE
- Understanding of current enterprise software technologies and development practices/tools, including virtualization, source control, build and test automation, and code quality automation technologies
- Demonstrate success as a problem solver
- Be a results-oriented individual
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
As an SEM in our organization, you will learn about the issues of managing an entirely remote workforce and supporting products that need drastic quality improvements, on a weekly release cadence.
You’ll get an opportunity to learn how to scale, automate and monitor large-scale, cutting-edge platforms; operate at an intensity and scale of thousands of servers for 70+ different software companies; and, lead your team to achieve this goal.
You will be exposed to our metrics-driven culture, which is the foundation of our success in measuring and improving every engineering process and product we deliver. Ultimately Crossover’s dynamic environment will allow you to move fast, set and achieve aggressive goals.