At Arbor, we’re on a mission to transform the way schools work for the better.
We’re building a platform and products we believe in - as well as a strong, diverse team of experienced specialists, ex-teachers and Edtech engineers passionate about making a difference to the sector.
Ultimately, we’re here to help make schools stress a little less, and focus on what matters most - improving the lives of teachers and outcomes of students everywhere.
About the role
We are looking for someone to work closely with business sponsors and stakeholders to understand project drivers and requirements, and ensure the Product Engineering team has clear deliverables and is delivering to timescales.
The Project Manager will also aid the engineering team in breaking down complex tasks, and gathering resources and requirements where needed.
- Working closely with the business stakeholders to understand project timescales and budget
- Working closely with the engineering team to ensure clear deliverables and clear understanding of requirements
- Tracking of the project progress over time, and providing clear communication of progress and issues to project stakeholders
- Aiding with delegation and assignment of responsibilities within the engineering team to ensure delivery to timescales
- Aiding the engineering team with interfacing with stakeholders to deal with issues and change requests
We would love to see:
- Experience of delivering complex software projects
- Experience with agile software delivery environments
- Experience in complex task management across engineering teams
- A positive and proactive attitude to problem solving
- A team player attitude, willingness to muck in and help others when needed, a driven personality who asks questions and actively participates in discussions
- Good written and spoken English so you can present your ideas - our HQ is based in London
- Past experience with enterprise solutions
- Familiarity with Scrum methodology
What we offer
The chance to work alongside a team of hard-working, passionate people in a role where you’ll see the impact of your work everyday. We also offer:
- We believe in supporting you to grow professionally and we have a dedicated training budget to help you get there!
- We promote positive well being and as part of this you’ll have access to a choice of comprehensive 24/7 well being support services as well as internal Wellbeing Champions
- Subscription to O’Reilly for Engineering training resources
- Frequent internal Tech Talks, opportunities to learn from colleagues, and dedicated time off to attend conferences or training
- Spending quality time together is really important, so to encourage this, our social committees organise regular team nights out, including weekly pool games (we’ve also done go-karting, white water rafting, and escape rooms)
- Free lunch in the office every day
- We support autonomy and flexibility, and depending on your role can offer flexible working
- We offer additional discretionary holidays, including half day Fridays during the school summer holidays
- We welcome pets in our office!