At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
You will be designing and iterating on a distributed system operating at high concurrency. You understand the challenges of building a system that is both efficient and open for extension. You have an in-depth understanding of database and storage technologies, distributed system strategies and technologies, and API design. You will be responsible for reviewing strategies from your colleagues, as well as helping them improve and advise on their plans.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is comfortable in a fast-paced, start-up environment, as well as collaborating with a remote development team.
- Taking ownership of a broad ambiguous problem space, have the technical expertise to figure out how to get it solved.
- Working with the various teams to drive projects to completion by
- Code reviewing
- Setting up the coding standards
- Working hands-on on POCs and key parts of the solution
- Can take in different solutions, weight and discuss technical trade-offs, and come up with a business sensible solution.
- Architect a highly available system capable of handling large numbers in concurrent usage.
- Design a platform and API that allows for increased extensibility.
- 4+ years of experience as a technical architect or platform engineer
- 6+ years of experience as a technical leader.
- Deep experience in relational database technologies, such as PostgreSQL
- Experience of several storage systems (such as Redis, Cassandra, DynamoDB, or others), knowledge of the trade-offs.
- Expert understanding of at least one pub sub system.
- Mastery on both REST and GraphQL APIs design.
- Internal knowledge Websockets
- Great communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking.
- Experience building distributed systems using AWS infrastructure.
Nice to haves
- Hands-on experience with Kafka.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of Rust
- Experience with big data and analytics.
- Experience with WebRTC, Live Streaming or other related video technologies
- Experience working in an agile development environment
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.