Be a part of a unique Observability challenge -- monitoring uptime and reliability of independent/3rd party oracle providers. Observability at Chainlink Labs is going through a transition from traditional time series-based monitoring toward an event-driven architecture and alerting approach. You will have a significant impact as we grow the Chainlink eco-system and ensure the best experience for our customers by ensuring reliable uptime.
You’ll develop and build highly scalable, secure, and reliable software that will change the way smart contracts function at a fundamental level. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and master the latest research concerning distributed systems, cryptography, blockchains, game theory, consensus algorithms, and decentralized applications.
You will be given a high level of autonomy/ownership over your projects, the opportunity to expand your scope of knowledge, and the chance to help build the decentralized infrastructure of the future.
- Lead the design and deployment of monitoring/observability services to detect and alert the team of needed action.
- Ingest, aggregate, transform, and utilize data from a multitude of sources in our real time data pipeline.
- Oversee the availability, performance, and supportability of our observability infrastructure.
- Create processes around alert response operations and support the team to ensure the reliable delivery of oracle data.
- Make recommendations to ensure sufficient metrics are collected to create alerts with every new feature release.
- Thinking creatively about attack vectors, possible failures, and disaster scenarios, modeling them in reproducible test environments, and developing fixes.
- Implementing resilient distributed systems to achieve extremely high reliability in a variety of blockchain environments.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a software developer / DevOps engineer or equivalent
- Experience with either Prometheus or Kafka required
- Deep knowledge of at least Go, Java/the JVM, or Kafka Streams required
- Experience administering Kafka Connect, Confluent Platform, and/or Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience working with logging, monitoring, and alerting tools (e.g. Grafana, ELK stack, Splunk, etc.)Experience supporting complex web applications/services and backend APIs on an AWS stack
- Demonstrated understanding of infrastructure as code, container networking, and security
- Experience with test-driven development and the use of testing frameworks
- Strong communication skills, specifically giving/receiving constructive feedback in a collaborative setting
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink je decentralizovana Oracle mreža. Ova kompanija je poznata po tome što velikim preduzećima pruža veoma siguran i pouzdan način za razvoj pametnih ugovora.