Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we’re growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In less than a decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1200 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the Role
- This role is fully remote. We would prefer candidates in the USA and Europe, to cover current needs.
- If you thrive in a challenging, fun and fast-paced environment, the Network Security Engineer at Kraken is for you! Not only is this role a strategic hands-on role that is critical to the continuing success of Kraken; you will be responsible for managing the entire network infrastructure for one of the
- leading cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. We are looking for a dynamic and innovative self-starter with the ability to think “outside of the box” to solve complex problems in a sustainable way.
- Implement and evolve enterprise network access controls
- Design, implement, manage, and defend a “zero trust”, defense-in-depth network
- Manage and deploy "infrastructure as code"
- Write good quality policies, procedures, and technical documentation
- Coordinate with internal development teams and other stakeholders to ensure network security principles are "built-in" from the beginning
- Work with the IT and Security teams to ensure that product features are securely deployed and monitored
- Monitor and maintain all physical infrastructure (network, security, and compute), cloud datacenter environments, remote office locations, and respond to critical network problems to maximize service uptime
- Assist in various projects with network related requirements
- Mentor and evangelize security practices through cross-functional work with internal stakeholders and teams
- Assume on-call responsibilities and duties per the schedule
- This role may require the ability to travel. For this reason, a valid passport will be mandatory
- 5+ years of network engineering background including offensive/defensive security
- Deep experience in public (AWS or Azure or Google), private and/or hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Experience with network security management tools and techniques
- Familiarity with security testing tools (performance and threat-based)
- Proficient in network and security design, implementation, and administration leveraging industry standard platforms from vendors such as: Palo Alto Networks, Cisco, Juniper, and Aruba
- Experience with Switching (Capacity Planning & VLAN’s), Routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, ECMP, PBF), WAN Technologies (MPLS, VPLS, VPN), public cloud networking, and Security (IPS, RBAC, etc.)
- Previous experience monitoring and management of intrusion detection systems and firewall devices
- Demonstrated experience researching, building and implementing defensive security systems that are used against internal and external attack vectors
- Excellent communication skills: demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure, high attention to detail
- Strong desire / interest in learning new technology
- Highly motivated and passionate about IT and Security
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.