As a well rounded Network Development Engineer, you should be the type that appreciates diversity in your day, and relishes challenges outside of your comfort level! You will be touching some of the most cutting edge network and optical equipment on the market, so you must come armed with well developed problem solving skills. You should be willing to take risks and learn new technologies as soon as (or before) they come to market.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
A typical day in the life of a PacketFabric Network Development Engineer might include these types of activities:
- Design and develop new network features based on direction from the product team
- Create prototypes and proofs of concept of your designs in a lab environment
- Perform all network-level testing of new designs, as well as any existing network functionality
- Automate generation of network configurations for any new or existing designs
- Work with Systems Reliability Engineers to integrate new/existing network features and designs into existing systems
- Work with Software Engineers to integrate new/existing network features and designs into existing software
- Maintain ownership of network projects, and see them through the design, testing, and implementation phases
- Deliver high quality documentation on all projects, to be used by Network Engineering and other teams within the company
- Automate anything and everything that can be automated!
- Enhance automated system tools that support the network
- Assist the Production Network Engineering team in day to day activities, including, but not limited to, troubleshooting network issues, upgrading/replacing network hardware, and monitoring the overall health of the network
- Respond to and work to resolve customer issues via phone, chat, or support tickets, during work hours or during rotating on-call schedule
- And of course, since this is a start-up, we aren’t just asking you to wear one hat. When you get a break, you can assist any of our other teams!
WHAT YOU BRING:
The right candidates will most likely have a Computer Science/Computer Engineering degree and have a strong (10+ year) background working in large scale telecommunications environments, with a proven track record of completing projects on time in spite of obstacles.
- Advanced/intermediate level understanding of IS-IS, including Traffic Engineering extensions, advertising of segment identifiers (L-ISIS), TE metric extensions
- Advanced/intermediate level understanding of BGP, including BGP/MPLS L3VPNs, label advertisement via labeled unicast, SR Policy advertisement via SAFI 73, link-state advertisement (BGP-LS)
- Advanced/intermediate level understanding of Segment Routing, and its applications in large scale networks.
- Advanced/intermediate level knowledge of MPLS signaling protocols (RSVP, LDP, L-ISIS, L-BGP)
- Advanced/intermediate level understanding of various Layer 2 interconnect technologies, their applicable uses and typical industry implementations, including but not limited to L2VPN, EoMPLS, EVPN/VXLAN, and EVPN/MPLS
- Ability to apply knowledge of all of the above protocols, taking into account common network designs and best practices found in large scale service provider, data center, and cloud networks
- Experience working in cloud networking environments, including interconnecting on-premises networks with large public cloud provider networks
- Abundance of hands-on experience with carrier class routers and switches (e.g Juniper, Cisco, Nokia, Whitebox).
- Familiarity with optical transport equipment and its underlying technologies
- Experience implementing and operating both long-haul and regional/metro DWDM networks.
- Intermediate-plus understanding of automated network provisioning, network modeling and operational tooling.
- Intermediate-plus understanding and/or experience with network automation using ansible, git, python, shell scripting, and netconf/restconf
- Experience with managing your own tasks and projects, with a highly organized mindset
- Not too big for the small jobs, not too small for the big jobs
PacketFabric is the connectivity cloud. We built a global, 50+Tbps carrier-class optical network that is completely automated and consumable on-demand like SaaS, so enterprises can connect the core of their hybrid and multi-cloud architectures and grow their digital business.
We offer private and secure point-to-point, hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, and custom connectivity services that you can provision in minutes via our self-service portal or programmable API. We offer flexible consumption of our services, with month-to-month or longer terms, or even usage-based for bursting and disaster recovery.
PacketFabric was recognized with the “2020 Fierce Telecom Innovation Award for Cloud Services,” named one of the “10 Hottest Networking Startups of 2020” by CRN, a Futuriom 40 Top Private Company, and a “2020 Cool Vendor in Enhanced Internet Services and Cloud Connectivity” by Gartner.
PacketFabric is a distributed, fully remote team with people living and working all over the world.
WHAT PACKETFABRIC OFFERS:
- Remote first, globally distributed team
- The chance to disrupt the entrenched telecommunications infrastructure industry
- A supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other
- A product development pipeline that’s constantly pushing new features and enhancing the quality of existing products
- The opportunity to work with many different industries and customer types
- A small company culture
- Great health, dental, and 401(k) for US residents
WHAT PACKETFABRIC DOESN’T OFFER:
- Lack of direction: we maintain a clear roadmap and product pipeline
- A commute: no hours wasted in megaregion rush hour traffic
- A dress code: a robe and slippers is acceptable attire any day of the week
Here at PacketFabric, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and follow employment lifecycle processes designed to prevent discrimination against our people, regardless of gender identity or expression or intersex, sexual orientation, religion, spiritual beliefs, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, national origin, citizenship, generation, culture, or any protected category under federal, state and local law.
PacketFabric redefiniše kako kompanije koriste i grade mrežne (network) usluge. Ova kompanija jednostavno, ekonomično i stabilno povezuje mreže i sve svoje usluge pruža preko svog API portala.