What you will do
Qualified candidates must have proven experience in production environments, demonstrating ability with high-end 3D modeling tools to create complex models, and be able to create accurate models from 2d reference, previs, photogrammetry, or scan data.
What we are looking for
- Have an impressive reel showing a wide range of organic/hard surface models with clean and efficient topology
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience using Blender or Maya in a production environment (please note that due to our pipeline Blender knowledge is considered a must). Additionally, an ability to script in Python and/or MEL is an asset.
- Have experience with Mudbox or Z-Brush.
- Be comfortable taking direction and working independently while being an effective team player.
- Have strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Understand Linux desktop and system commands to perform daily tasks comfortably.
- Have excellent organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Be a clear and confident communicator.
- Good knowledge of UV workflow
- Knowledge of Houdini would be a big plus
About the company
Focused on the future of filmmaking, Wonder Dynamics' mission is to revolutionize the production and post production process by leveraging state-of-the-art AI. We are striving to democratize the use of visual effects which will pave the way for the next generation of filmmakers. That mission attracted some of the most influential individuals in the film and tech industry that are now involved in our team. We're headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
Why should you consider joining us?
This is a mid- or senior-level engineering role and we offer a competitive salary, valuable stock options and comprehensive benefits that allow individual flexibility for all employees to choose what makes the most sense for their personal situation.
Wonder Dynamics is committed to a culture of flexibility, diversity, and fun for all of our employees. We are working on some of the most challenging technical problems and we know the solutions will come from all of us working together in an inclusive, transparent and open manner.