Ximedes exists to allow a group of smart, friendly and ambitious professionals to work together on relevant and challenging software projects, to the delight of our clients and ourselves
Ximedes creates better ways to manage and move money, helping banks to become Fintechs and helping public transport and organizations to become FareTechs.
Our own product is Facility Pro 5, a cloud-based suite for cashless payments at vending machines, printers and copiers, and catering. We design payment devices (terminals), as well as backend software for managing them, and end-user portal, for end clients. FP5 clients are usually large universities or industry plants.
As a company, we excel in gathering very exceptional IT people, and we give them space to do their best, in a community of ambitious and talented peers. This way we have excellent working conditions, and the ability to offer the best possible solutions and innovation to our clients. Mutual trust, respect, and understanding between us, our employees, and clients are the foundation on which we build our company. We are also a member of the United Nations Global Compact initiative (http://www.unglobalcompact.org).
Our offices are located in the Netherlands, Haarlem (our HQ), and in Serbia, Novi Sad.
Medior/Senior Java Software Developer
As a (Senior) Software Engineer you are responsible for designing, implementing, and (unit) testing our software. You are independent, but part of a team that has a shared responsibility to develop high quality, mission-critical software products.
You know your way around large codebases, and are capable of elegantly implementing new functionality within the boundaries of a software architecture. You have a passion for the craft of software engineering – you write legible, testable code, and are constantly aware of the side-effects of your design choices.
Ximedes offers you the possibility to work in a professional environment, surrounded by smart, curious colleagues with a joint ambition to create the most beautiful, clever, and elegant software possible.
- Our ideal colleague is a team player who enjoys developing software and writes good code fast; an efficient problem solver with a sense of detail, but fully aware of the bigger picture
- Knowledge of Java development and experience with open source frameworks, such as Spring, Hibernate, AngularJS, React, Backbone, Selenium, Cucumber, and Jenkins
- Excellent knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with Elastic, OPS (Operations) and Cloud is a plus
- Good communication skills in English
- Experience with Mobile Development (Android, iOS, HTML5) is a plus
What we offer:
- Full time employee of Ximedes doo
- Job security (Secure and stable job)
- 28 holidays per year
- Private health care plan
- Additional education, occasional trips to Holland fully paid for by the company, as well as visits to conferences
- Gym membership or (Fitpass)
- Good work-to-pay ratio
- Remotely work
- Flexible working time
- 100% paid sick leave
- Opportunity to move abroad
- Interesting projects
- Nice people to work with