CCBill is an online payment services provider with 20 years of experience in the industry while it’s integration partner, phoenixNAP is a global IT services provider with a footprint spanning 16 Datacenters across 5 continents.
As a Linux Engineer you will be responsible for handling day-to-day project work for both CCBill and phoenixNAP, including providing proof-of-concept deliverables and product analysis. You will be responsible for handling day-to-day operations tasks such as system maintenance and patching, server builds, troubleshooting, performance monitoring, and other administrative tasks.
You’ll assist and mentor Linux Administrators with issues escalated from other support teams as necessary.
- 2-5 years’ experience managing Linux hosts in production environments
- 2-5 years’ experience with Apache, Tomcat Nginx, SSL, and good understanding of the Http protocol
- 1-2 years’ experience with VMWare virtualization products in a production environment
- Experience with event management, incident handling, and problem resolution
- Must have a high technical aptitude, be highly motivated, and be ready for a challenge
- Strong communication, documentation, and analytical skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing and administering MySQL (preferred experience with MySQL replication) will be considered a plus
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby, will be considered a plus
- Fluent in written and spoken English
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly innovative and creative team, in a great working environment using the latest technologies, methodologies, and frameworks. A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the right candidate.