We believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. Therefore, our mission is to discover hidden talent and turn them into globally successful authors.
Inkitt is our self-publishing platform where anyone can upload and share their stories for free. We analyze our users' reading behavior with a unique algorithm to identify potential bestsellers , which we then license for our Galatea app. When licensed and published on Galatea, we adapt the stories for our Galatea app and enhance the author's vision by adding vibrations and sound to turn their stories into immersive experiences for our users. Currently, our most successful author is Sapir Englard, a twenty-year-old author from Israel who uploaded her story to Inkitt in 2018. Now, her story is selling faster than Harry Potter did in the same period of time!
At present, we are a team of seventy passionate, dedicated, and hard-working entrepreneurs, engineers and artists. Our mission, high-performing culture, and a strong user-obsession convinced Investors of Google, Spotify, and Uber. Inkitt also attracted experienced talents from DeliveryHero, n26, and Glovo. Join us, too, and help us build the Disney of the 21st Century!
Now is the time to bring our design to the next level. That's why we need You! The core mission in this role will be to:
- Deliver a best-in-class user experience by defining and constantly improving our design style and processes, making them efficient and ready for rapid growth
- You’ll set the vision for the user experience and are going to lead multiple projects across the entire product lifecycle
- You will define design processes and ways of working and actively share knowledge throughout the Product and tech teams
- You’ll take into account existing insights, technical constraints, business needs, and specific market demands to produce data-informed solutions
- You'll research design system best practices and design patterns across multiple industries and products to constantly evolve Inkitt’s products and design language
- You will define Inkitt’s design system across each product
- You’ll work closely with Product Managers and engineers to determine the best way forward
- You’ll present your vision and design rationale in a compelling, convincing manner to the wider team - happily providing points of comparison and highlighting best practice UX
- As we grow, you’ll grow and develop a team of designers each embedded into a mission focussed squad, yet working equally as closely with the design team as a whole
- You’ll take your seat at the cross-functional leadership table to inform the vision and strategy of the work that we do.
- You are passionate about user experience and have at least 4 years of experience in designing various, mobile application products for millions of b2c users
- You are fantastic at communicating your thinking and design decisions - you’re able to get people along on the journey with you (designers, engineers, product managers and even senior stakeholders alike)
- You have defined or improved product processes within your organisation
- You have built or significantly contributed to a product's design system and understand their value
- You have experience in a growing and leading/mentoring a design team. Ideally, at a rapidly growing company.
- You are able to operate autonomously taking full ownership of your work and full responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way, from wireframing to release
- You are happy to rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes, understanding when deeper exploration and research is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach
- You have experience working in an agile environment with fellow design, product, engineering and insights leaders
- You are able to take ambiguous ideas and turn them into clear designs, providing multiple options and a compelling case for each
- You have been designing for Android and IOS products. Experience designing for web products is a plus
- You are passionate about improving the user experienceYou are fluent with different level of prototyping tools such as Invision, Figma, Whimsical or Flinto
- You are well-versed in data-informed product design and developmentYou understand the value of stripping a design back and testing individual effects
- You have the ability to mentor others to deliver incredible work and make strategy come to life.
What we offer:
- A flat hierarchy in a fast working environment
- Regular team events, free fruit and dinner in the office
- German language classes, Mental Wellness Program, Yoga, Pilates, Fitness & Cardio classes
- Sponsored cross-functional lunches and city-exploring events
- A flexible working policy and pat a pup time - we are a dog-friendly office
- An unlimited budget for books and unlimited credits for our Galatea App
- Weekly All-hands meetings and updates
- A very well-located office in the heart of Berlin Mitte
Does this sound like somewhere where you can make a lasting, positive impact? Then, apply now! We are looking forward to speaking with you!