Upstack is growing fast - jump on board
Upstack is working on interesting and challenging engagements with awesome startups. We only select the best engineers to join the team and take pride in the company culture we maintain.
Upstack is a friendly team of the world’s most talented freelance developers, working remotely for some of the coolest start-ups. It’s fun and challenging to join the top 1% of the world’s developers. We have a strong focus on quality clients and developers and try to work on software that we love! Upstack is officially based in New York City and we have offices in NYC and LA. We also have development hubs opening up all around the place with our first in Brasov, Romania. Our developers work from home and co-working spaces and sometimes even on the beach!
- You're part of a small team that operates like a mini-startup
- You will be responsible for building and shipping all components necessary for your product, and you will work with Product Managers and Designers to determine the functionality, look, and feel
- You will frequently interface with other Product Engineering teams and Platform Service teams to take advantage of and incorporate their components and tools into your product
- Every day offers a variety of work, an opportunity to contribute new ideas, and the ability to share your knowledge through blog posts and presentations
- 8+ years of full-stack experience designing and building high volume, scalable SaaS applications from end-to-end
- Strong experience with both React.js, Node.js, and Angular.js
- 5+ years of strong experience debugging complex issues at every level of the stack;
- Can debug a web application problem single-handedly all the way from the browser, through the transport, through the application and servers. Not afraid of logs.
- Use of continuous integration and delivery technologies at an expert level and ability to teach others best practices.
- Curiosity to iterate and improve on solutions; you view unknowns as challenges and enjoy them
- You’re not afraid of learning new languages or techniques to get the job done
- Motivation to understand the business and our users, their requirements, and deliver results
- Passion for continued learning and achieving personal goals through developer community involvement and contributions
- 2+ years of experience mentoring and leading less experienced engineers
- Remote work - from anywhere in the world as long as you have a stable internet connection
- Work together with the most talented developers in the world on some of the coolest projects with great impact.
- Be part of an awesome team with a friendly and fun environment.
- Awesome Clients
No corporate BS. Help some interesting startups disrupt the world!
- Team Building
Enjoy team meetups in cool places around the world. Hackathons included!
- Timely Payment
At Upstack, you’ll always receive your money on time with no hassle.
Work hard, play hard
Not only do Upstack engineers get to work with amazing startups all over the world - they get to join a great community of like-minded individuals. We host global meetups and Hackathons annually where you can meet fellow developers like yourself.