EPAM is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and development services. We are committed to having a positive impact on our customers, our employees, and our communities. We embrace a dynamic and inclusive culture. Here you will collaborate with multi-national teams, contribute to a myriad of innovative projects that deliver the most creative and cutting-edge solutions, and have an opportunity to continuously learn and grow. No matter where you are located, you will join a dedicated, creative, and diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
We are looking for a Lead Big Data Engineer to join our team in Serbia.
Our goal is to build a Data Practice similar to the one we have in Hungary, to work together and across boarders with many talented professionals.
- Lead, design and implement innovative analytical solution using Hadoop, NoSQL and other Big Data related technologies, evaluating new features and architecture in Cloud/ on premise/ Hybrid solutions
- Work with product and engineering teams to understand requirements, evaluate new features and architecture to help drive decisions
- Build collaborative partnerships with architects and key individuals within other functional groups
- Perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments and use this in designing quality technical solution
- Actively participate in code review and test solutions to ensure it meets best practice specifications
- Build and foster a high performance engineering culture, mentor team members and provide team with the tools and motivation
- Write project documentation
- Wide experience in analysis, design, implementation, deployment as well as troubleshooting and rebuilding distributed Linux based platforms and Big Data solutions on premises and in Cloud
- Experience in Big Data technologies - including Hadoop Core, Apache HBase, Oozie, MapReduce, Crunch, SolR
- Solid Cloud experience with 2 or more leading cloud providers (AWS/Azure/GCP): Storage; Compute; Networking; Identity and Security; NoSQL; RDBMS and Cubes; Big Data Processing; Queues and Stream Processing; Serverless; Data Analysis and Visualization; ML as a service (SageMaker; Tensorflow)
- 5+ years' experience in software development with Big Data technologies (e.g. administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging and performance tuning) and Java/Scala or Python
- Engineering experience and practice in Data Management, Data Storage, Data Visualization, Disaster Recovery, Integration, Operation, Security
- Strong experience building data ingestion pipelines (simulating Extract, Transform, Load workload), Data Warehouse or Database architecture
- Strong experience with data modeling; hands-on development experience with modern Big Data components
- Cloud: experience in designing, automation, provisioning, deploying and administering scalable, available and fault tolerant systems
- Good understanding of CI/CD principles and best practices
- Analytical approach to problem-solving with an ability to work at an abstract level and gain consensus; excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Data-oriented personality and possessing compliance awareness, such as PI, GDPR, HIPAA
- Motivated, independent, efficient and able to handle several projects; work under pressure with a solid sense for setting priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced (startup like) agile development environment
- Strong experience in high load and IoT Data Platform architectures and infrastructures
- Vast experience with Containers and Resource Management systems: Docker, Kubernetes, Yarn
- Experience in direct customer communications
- Experience in technology/team leading of data oriented projects
- English proficiency – B2 and higher
- We believe that the greatest strength of the company is its people. EPAM is fully committed to help its employees to reach their full potential and achieve their professional goals through continues learning. With this in mind, we would like to introduce to you few of the many opportunities and services which we believe will help you expand your current knowledge
- Full access to cutting-edge tools and technologies
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Wide range of professional trainings and workshops, English courses, soft-skill trainings
- Vast opportunities for self-development, unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, GAL trainings
- Certification opportunities in the Data and Analytics domain
- Permanent job with remote work opportunity
- Multilingual work environment
- International projects, working in hybrid teams with high-skilled peers
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule, team buildings and sport opportunities
- Relocation opportunities
Since 1993, EPAM Systems, Inc. (NYSE: EPAM) has leveraged its advanced software engineering heritage to become the foremost global digital transformation services provider – leading the industry in digital and physical product development and digital platform engineering services. Through its innovative strategy; integrated advisory, consulting and design capabilities; and unique ‘Engineering DNA,’ EPAM’s globally deployed hybrid teams help make the future real for clients and communities around the world by powering better enterprise, education and health platforms that connect people, optimize experiences, and improve people’s lives. In 2021, EPAM was added to the S&P 500 and included among the list of Forbes Global 2000 companies.
Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 Most Loved Workplace, EPAM’s global multi-disciplinary teams serve customers in more than 45 countries across five continents. As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked as the top IT services company on Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies list for the last three consecutive years. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age’s top 25 World’s Largest Agency Companies for three consecutive years, and Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest-Growing Firm. Learn more at www.epam.com.
Balans karijere i privatnog života
Iskustvo o radu
Velika kompanija sa mnogo prostora za napredak. Mnogo dostupnog materijala za ucenje uz mogucnost dobijanja mentora. Radi se bez pritiska, od kuce ili iz kancelarije, po sopstvenoj zelji, bez potrebe da se pretodno najavi. Tech leadovi su uvek zeljni i volini da pomognu svima, pogotovo novim zaposlenima.
Vise birokratije nego u manjim firmama
Rad od kuće
Rad od kuće
Rad od kuće
Nagrade, bonusi, pokloni
Edukacija, profesionalni razvoj
Obezbeđena oprema za rad
Rad od kuće
Rad iz različitih kancelarija
Preporuke se učitavaju...