About the team
We are looking for an junior level software engineer to join our Agile development team. In this exciting opportunity, you will be an integral part of a global team that’s passionate about software development. Working in an Agile/Scrum environment, you will be part of a Development team that is responsible for designing, planning, coding, and testing enhancements to Baseventure’s software products. Our teams leverage state-of-the-art best practices and tools so you will have a chance to see Agile in Action.
What you will be doing
Working in collaboration with your Development team, you will research, design, and develop technical solutions for software products. The Software Engineer is expected to apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to implement sound code. This position may perform unit testing (including automation of unit tests), assist with design of functional and automation tests, and participate in requirements analysis and solutions design.
What you bring
- Developing innovative/creative solutions
- Translating business requirements to technical specifications
- Unit testing, including automation
- Participate in Agile Scrum process, including daily Scrum meetings, Retrospectives, Planning, etc.
- Use Agile tools to document work and status
- Contribute to the Development team as an active member
Added bonus if you have
- Experience developing software products, especially web-based products
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Desire to develop code
- Interest in software engineering best practices and methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree CS, EE, MIS, or related field
- Experience with relational database (MySQL or similar), SQL and relational modeling a plus
- Experience with Angular a plus
- Experience with Visual Studio Code or Eclipse a plus
- Experience with containerization (docker, Kubernetes, etc.) a plus
What we offer you
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, work from home – 4 days per month, etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.