At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
A role in Assurance Data & Analytics gives you great access to a vast array of clients and their Data, with your findings backed by the powerful EY brand.
A typical day probably doesn’t exist, but if it did, it would involve talking to stakeholders to define the scope of an analysis, agreeing with a client’s IT team how you’ll receive the data, data wrangling and cleansing, followed by an analysis phase which could last minutes or weeks. All the work is project based, so there is plenty of variety.
Your key responsibilities
After induction and on-boarding you’ll be assigned a portfolio of engagements to work on. You will then be responsible for:
- Owning deliverables through their lifecycle, with a mix of new and recurring work
- Communicating with stakeholders and managers to handle issues and changes in timelines
- Devising cunning technical solutions to requests and problems, then knowledge sharing these across our team of around 60 professionals
- Data preprocessing
- Data wrangling
- Data manipulation and transformation of audit data
- Preparing client general ledger databases for further analysis
- Creating data cubes using EY tools
- Data extraction and reporting for audit purposes
Skills and attributes for success
- A willingness to learn, to work outside your comfort zone, achieving a common goal, supported by a team with diverse backgrounds across a range of geographies.
- Great written and verbal communication, presentation and client service.
- Strong team player with a solution focused attitude
- Ability to juggle multiple conflicting deadlines which typically occur during our busy period
To qualify for the role you must have
- Excel, Access and SQL knowledge (T-SQL, PL/SQL)
- Knowledge of relational database model
- Basic data warehousing concepts understanding
- Understanding of ETL processes
- Bachelor’s degree
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Knowledge of working in R (libraries, tidyverse, data table, ggplot2)
- Or knowledge of Python (pandas, nympy, matplotlib)
What we look for
We look for potential in our people, those committed to our purpose of building a better working world through their actions and delivery. Our team achieve our purpose by showing a willingness to challenge ourselves, sometimes outside of our comfort zone, whilst using a logical and detailed approach, to support our quality agenda & compliance requirements.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.