Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS's award-winning Ambit Risk & Performance Management solution enables financial institutions around the globe to quantify and mitigate risk, manage capital and the liquidity buffer, and apply risk adjusted performance measures throughout the organization in order to optimize their risk return profile.
What you will be doing
Upon joining the FIS University program, you will be introduced to the unique nature of our industry and the markets in which we work and will receive training on key client services skills.
You will gain exposure to the various financial instruments used by banks and to the software solutions which drive the entire banking industry, deepen your client-facing skills, financial risk management and industry best-practices knowledge, while also expanding your technological toolkit. In addition, you will achieve a global perspective of the financial services industry while serving clients from multiple countries, cultures, institutions, and functions. Learn from our industry experts in a collaborative environment while delivering valuable solutions to our clients.
Why work for one bank when you can work for over 600? - develop and grow your skills faster in a multifaceted position. Once you have completed your training, you will begin your role as a Client services consultant and will become proficient in the following activities as you progress in your role. More precisely you will:
- Communicate daily with high-ranking members of the banking industry.
- Create modeling solutions for our clients using advanced financial risk management and technical knowledge.
- Support existing implementations of Ambit’s risk and performance solutions and assist with business and technical questions regarding the use of our platform.
- Collaborate with the product management, development and quality assurance teams to anticipate future industry needs.
- Troubleshoot software errors and malfunctions to determine underlying causes and provide suitable solutions to clients.
- Perform periodic quantitative software testing in preparation of upcoming releases.
What you bring
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Finance/Economics/Accounting or MIS/IT/CIS or Engineering
- Strong interest in technology and its relationship with the banking industry and risk management.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Dynamic and energetic personality with entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to absorb new concepts quickly, think independently, work effectively with others, and demonstrate keen problem-solving ability.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- English proficiency is required
Added bonus if you have
- Financial markets knowledge (especially Credit and/or market risk)
- Prior experience using relational databases (SQL, Oracle, etc.)
What we offer you
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, work from home, etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.