Get to know us
eyeo is an open source software company whose market-leading ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus and AdBlock as well as technical integrations for leading browsers on the market. Our privacy-first products like Crumbs promote transparency and an improved browsing experience. eyeo is dedicated to giving users control of their online experience while fostering a sustainable online value exchange between content creators, publishers, advertisers and users.
In combining our User Growth partnerships and our subsidiary products, our technology reaches 250 million monthly active users.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy and sustainability as well as keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We love our diversity and our company culture. We practice an agile, remote workstyle with work distributed in cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously. If working remotely isn’t for you, we also have two offices (Cologne and Berlin) that you can choose to work from. Twice a year we come together with our teams for Team Days and once a year we offer an offsite company retreat, Summer Week. By offering remote work and in-person sessions, we have built a hybrid culture that offers a unique dynamic of flexibility and belonging.
What you'll do
The User Growth Unit works on growing eyeo’s number of users by finding and collaborating with partners that help us scale our user base. Our partners include leading players in the browser and OEM markets. We collaborate closely with them to integrate ad-blocking technologies into their projects, by maintaining and constantly improving the SDKs that make this integration easy. We add features and functionality based on their feedback, as well as new trends in the markets around us.
You will help to improve and maintain the SDK that enables ad-filtering functionality across multiple browser extensions. You will also interact and support partners during its adoption, allowing millions of users on different platforms to take control over their browsing experience.
After your morning routine, you'll be expected to...
- Keep up with changes related to browser versions and the ad-blocking community, and translate these into the required changes for your team
- Ensure the stability and performance of our SDKs across all platforms and partners via automated tests, code reviews and benchmarks
- Optimize performance, while preserving high ad-blocking quality
- Ensure that partner requests are answered and implemented in a timely manner and that partners are satisfied
- Foster open communication and close collaboration with other team members, to strengthen the team and increase overall productivity
What you bring to the table...
- General understanding of how the web, browsers, and extensions work
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge of the Git version control system
- High desire to collaborate and improve team culture, in an environment that combines synchronous and asynchronous communication
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
It's awesome if you know about...
- Knowledge of browser internals and/or browser extension development
- Experience designing and maintaining SDKs and/or libraries
- Experience designing the architecture of software components
- Experience working in open-source projects
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration pipelines
- Knowledge about other programming languages (as an example, other SDKs are developed using Java, Kotlin, C++, or Swift)
- Understanding of the ad tech landscape
What we offer
- Work remotely or from one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Budget for the following: home office and/or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation + Volunteer day
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care allowance for children under 6
- Offsite team days and the annual summer company retreat
- Company-sponsored hackathons