Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the role:
You'll become a member of a 5 FTE DevSecOps team, and will be expected to contribute and learn across the full cloud engineering stack. You will be (or will become) a "T-shaped" individual with enormous potential to further your career in the burgeoning DevSecOps domain, with the guidance of industry leaders in Security and DevOps, and alongside a mature team of true polyglots and talented microservices developers.
Note: While this role is remote, we are only considering candidates in a +/- 5 range of GMT.
- Code (or script) in at least one modern application development or utility language
- Use Source Code Management and Document Management Systems to organize business function tasks and publish relevant material
- Be a competent Linux user
- Know how to build, run and deploy secure Docker containers
- Be aware of how containers and microservices are configured, and can be secured and orchestrated, in particular using Kubernetes
- Use open source tooling to programmatically test and verify the safety and integrity of bespoke software
- Analyze data sets and produce reports using basic tools (e.g. SQL, POSIX stream processing tools, spreadsheets, ODBC, Python)
- Understand principles around secure Identity Management and Authentication
- Understand the implementation of secure messaging systems in the context of privacy awareness, including GPG and encrypted instant messaging
- Have a good basic comprehension of computer networks, the Internet, and supporting systems such as web servers and proxies
- Understand DNS, SSL/ TLS, and how traffic on IP networks establishes end-to-end security and trust
- Work highly independently, with multiple stakeholders outside of the formal management structure
- Write good quality technical documentation
- Be familiar with risks introduced to organization by third parties, and processes to mitigate these
- Take a risk-based approach to all facets of information security
- Have a "finger on the pulse" of current challenges and exploits in the ecosystem
- Be an active participant in a truly world class global security organization
- A degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent relevant experience alongside a good level of general education
Optional: relevant and well-regarded certifications in cloud computing such as CKA (Certified Kubernetes Administrator), AWS Professional or Specialty levels, Google Professional level
Optional: advanced security accreditation such as CISSP, OSCP, CASP, Security+
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Kraken je platforma koja je od strane nezavisnih medija konstantno ocenjivana kao najbolja i najsigurnija platforma za razmenu bitkoina. Sa seištem u San Francisku, Kraken je najveća kompanija za razmenu bitkoina u području eura. Krakenovi klijenti takođe trguju sa USD, CAD, ETH, XRP, LTC i mnogim drugim digitalnim valutama.