Over 150 years ago, Dr. John Ellis developed a petroleum-based lubricant for steam engines, and ever since, Valvoline has worked to repeatedly innovate and bring only the highest quality motor oils, lubricants and cleaners to market. We are building the world’s leading engine and automotive maintenance business and our vow is to bring “Hands On Expertise” for the benefit of our customers every day, moving the business forward with speed and excellence.
In support of the Valvoline organization, we are hiring:
IT Systems Administrator
Purpose of the role
The IT System Administrator will provide support for Valvoline’s server infrastructure area, with a focus on Public Cloud offerings. Person will be responsible for ensuring all servers and services are maintained according to Valvoline’s requirements, focusing on availability and security. IT System Administrator is responsible for performing Audit and Compliance activities in a timely manner.
Ability to independently install, configure, upgrade and maintain various operating systems including, but not limited to, Microsoft Windows Server and Linux. Ensure all servers are maintained and patched according to set policy.
Deploy various services (e.g. deploy a virtual machine, databases, infrastructure as code, etc.) into our AWS Public Cloud environment.
- Engage service provider to ensure data backups are successful and completed within expected window. Work with disaster recovery (DR) coordinator reviewing and enhancing existing DR procedures. Actively participate in DR operations / testing.
- Ability to analyse, diagnose, debug, and resolve simple to moderate issues within the Valvoline server/cloud environment, referring more complex problems to supervisor or technical staff.
- Ability to independently install, configure, upgrade, and maintain various hypervisors, including, but not limited to, Hyper-V and VMware
- Responsible for submitting and updating all change and incident tickets for area of responsibility. Ensure all tickets are submitted, updated, and / or closed out in a timely manner.
- Perform reviews of audit and compliance controls as it relates to area of responsibility. Remediate any issues discovered during review process.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or relevant field
- Experience in global corporate is preferred
- Intermediate experience provisioning various services within AWS Public Cloud.
- Intermediate experience troubleshooting and providing solutions to issues across various platforms
- Intermediate experience leveraging ticket management solutions (e.g. ServiceNow)
- Intermediate security and network experience preferred
- Possess knowledge and ability to install and troubleshoot issues related to MS Windows server and Linux environments
- Strong documentation skills
- Experience leading infrastructure and/or system administration projects.
- Ability to work responsibly with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people.
- This role requires individuals to work within the demands a global 24x7, high availability, transaction-oriented network team.
We aim to give our candidates the best experience possible. This means we will only get in touch if you have been shortlisted for the role.