Reports to: Director of Finance & Business Support
- Responsible for ensuring that the hotel computer system(s) are installed and operating properly, that system security measures are in place, that the computer hardware is well maintained, that the system(s) are utilized to their maximum potential, and that new systems are installed to improve hotel efficiency and profitability
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages and monitors the operation of all computer hardware, ensures all systems are working and installed properly, and serves as the primary contact for servicing the computer hardware
- Continually keeps informed of new systems and technology that may contribute to improve hotel efficiency, including, but not limited to:
- Computer Hardware systems and devices including PC LAN technology.
- Software operating and utility systems.
- Front Office and Accounts Receivable Property Management Systems.
- Interfaces to and from Front Office Property Management Systems and other Systems.
- Back Office Accounting Systems.
- PC and LAN based Office Automation products.
- Internal and External Electronic Mail / Facsimile / Scanner software and communication tools.
- Point Of Sale Systems.
- Guest and Administration Voicemail.
- Call Accounting.
- Hub / Switch Management Systems.
- Assist and Support Electronic Door Locking Computer System.
- Computer Virus protection.
- Hotel IT Security and Firewalls
- Maintains an up-to-date list of all computer hardware and software
- Monitors the performance of the systems and maintains a log book of performance report e.g. through systems measurement facility/utility, error and integrity check reports, system malfunction and solutions
- Understands all standards, features and functions of the Hotel front office system, point of sale system, and call accounting system, including, but not limited to system security, system reports,manager functions, system utilities and user functions
- Maintains uncompromising data and physical security standards
- Controls the key/lock for computer room and ensures that the computer room fire protection, temperature control
- Maintains technical and user documentation, systems reports, newsletters and announcements in a neat, orderly and secure fashion
- Administers all user ID’s, passwords, and the most sensitive system utilities, secures all touchy resources and critical libraries
- Manages the configuration reports, program files and data files on the computer system(s) to ensure maximum operating efficiency
- Establishes documents, test and communicates appropriate disaster recovery emergency procedures to follow when the hotel computer system(s) are inoperable
- Ensures viable solutions are adapted and used for hotel disaster recovery plan and business continuity
- Selects suitable Software/Hardware vendors for the hotel
- Ensures all necessary settings are properly configured on the computing systems, hardware and servers.
- Ensures to run routine software/hardware inventory check and report the status to hotel management team
- Inspects the Network performance and redo the network design if necessary to meet the hotel operation needs
- Taken preventive measures to foresee, identify and analyze the potential system performance issues
- Ensures all cabling, network diagrams and LSOP are up-to-date
- Provide recommendation and drive results to ensures that hotel has appropriate technology roadmap to meet short-term and long-terms needs
- Evaluate the vendor proposals and select the best options and vendors that meets the software/hardware needs of the hotels
- Assists in coordinating the preparation of the departmental annual budget
- Assists in monitoring and controlling departmental cost on an ongoing basis to ensure performance against budget
- Assists in the preparation of the hotel strategic plan, goals program, and Departmental Budgets
Annual Operating Profit/Payroll Budget –
- Department Budget
Key Metrics –
- Departments Budget
- Completion of assigned tasks/projects
- Improvement in system processes
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Required Skills –
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel.
- Working knowledge of networks and operating systems and database
- Good team player, proactive, self-motivated, responsible, hardworking and able to work under pressure
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good writing skills
- Knowledge in PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards)
- Diploma or Vocational Certificate in Computer Science or Information Technology or related field.
- 4 year related experience or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience, some computer set-up and troubleshooting experience preferred