Vacancy No. VNSRMG00608
ICT Help Desk Assistant
Organization Name OSCE Mission to Serbia
Closing Date of application 16 Oct 2019
No. of Posts 1
The vacancy is open only for persons with the citizenship of or permanent residence in the Republic of Serbia.
The successful candidate will receive a one-year Fixed-term Letter of Appointment, which will be subject to satisfactory completion of a 6-month probationary period, and which will be renewable annually, subject to satisfactory performance and continuing need for the post. The incumbent will work in the OSCE Mission to Serbia’s Administration Unit.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the National ICT Officer, the incumbent is responsible for ICT support. Specifically, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Providing user support for standard office automation products in use, e.g. MS Office: word-processing, spreadsheets, presentations; e-mail databases; desktop and notebook computers with Windows operating systems; email and Microsoft accounts, multifunctional printers; electronic banking system client software; web-browsers Internet Explorer and Chrome; RSA token assignments, distribution, PIN codes creation. Providing support in video-teleconferencing (VTC), e.g. CISCO WebEx, Polycom, Microsoft LYNC, CISCO phones;
- Assisting staff personally, by phone or via remote access software, on technical and procedural computer problems related to the use of IT equipment and software; identifying problems and implementing or recommending solutions; investigating possible patches or searching in the documentation and similar previous requests for assistance to find most effective solutions;
- Testing new software and hardware products; deploying and updating desktop and notebook computers’ operation systems and software; briefing users on basic operation and handling. Acting as system support for the Local Area Network (LAN) for the Mission, including managing user accounts, setting up and managing multifunctional printers and their queues;
- Deploying and redeploys computer equipment for end users in the Mission, while keeping logbook of issued equipment, carrying out necessary cabling and patching in wiring racks, keeping record of the relocation and movements of the equipment and advising on writing off of the old equipment;
- Assisting in records management and archiving data and documentation (SharePoint or similar solutions, Doc.In, maintenance of the Mission’s intranet page, computer drives etc.);
- Performing other duties as required. May be required to drive official vehicles to install required ICT equipment for official events held outside of the OSCE premises.
- Citizenship of or permanent residence in the Republic of Serbia;
- Completed secondary education, supplemented by formal training in the field of information technology (ICT);
- Minimum 3 years of experience in data processing applications, including extensive practical experience in providing user support on office automation packages, preferably in international or public sector environment;
- Very good practical knowledge of standard Microsoft packages, Internet software and other common office automation software and printer hardware;
- Established knowledge of advanced word-processing, spreadsheets, databases and email in a networked environment;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and the local language;
- Ability and willingness to work with people of different nationalities, cultural and religious backgrounds and diverse political views while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, as well as the ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Holding a valid driving licence.
Candidates are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the OSCE core values and competencies by studying the OSCE Competency Model available at: https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
The incumbent will receive a one-year fixed-term Letter of Appointment, which will be subject to satisfactory completion of a 6-month probationary period, and which will be renewable annually, subject to satisfactory performance and continuing need for the post.
Appointments are normally made at Step 1 of the applicable salary scales.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions, is EUR 1,308.33. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, cancel the recruitment, offer an appointment at a lower grade or offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
How to Apply
Please apply online through the OSCE website no later than 16.10.2019. Only online applications will be considered; applications received by email, post etc. will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates who have not been contacted by 30 November 2019 should consider there will be no follow up to their application.
Contact Tel. No: 011-3606 100, ext.: 4133,4157, 4127, 4130, 4153 (Human Resources Office).