Vacancy No. VNSRMG00640
Job Title ICT Assistant
Organization Name OSCE Mission to Serbia
Closing Date of application 23.07.2020.
No. of Posts 1
The vacancy is open only for persons with the citizenship of or permanent residence in the Republic of Serbia.
The successful candidate will receive a one-year fixed-term Letter of Appointment, which will be subject to satisfactory completion of a 6-month probationary period. The incumbent will work in the OSCE Mission to Serbia’s Fund Administration Unit.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the National ICT Officer and guidance of the Chief of Fund Administration, the incumbent performs IT user and network support functions primarily related to data management and communication resources, and serves as the Mission’s Focal Point on Records Management (RM). Specifically, the incumbent is responsible for:
1. Providing administrative and technical support and guidance to mission members on various aspects of data management. Serving as the Mission’s Focal Point on RM:
a) helping to develop and update the Mission’s File Plan and Retention Schedule, internal policies related to records/information management, including on vital and confidential records, personal data protection;
b) assisting in information security risk management and controls;
c) ensuring regular back-up of data on network drives and servers, including daily/weekly/monthly back-up and periodic test and recovery;
d) ensuring that a high quality of metadata for electronic records is captured;
e) providing technical support to Programme Managers and other information owners in assigning access and edit rights for network drives, the OSCE records management systems such as Doc.In, JARVIS (SharePoint-based solution) and similar;
f) providing guidance and user support on RM practices, ensuring that active records are being filed, stored and maintained, and co-ordinating transfers of semi-active or inactive records, as well as destruction of records;
g) liaising with the RM Unit in the Secretariat and RM focal points across the Organization;
h) maintaining the Mission’s intranet page.
2. Providing administrative and technical support and guidance to mission members on various aspects of communication services (GSM, AirWatch, VoIP, telephone billing, satellite etc.):
a) assisting users and performing setup of duty mobile phones, email mobile solutions (currently AirWatch), VoIP devices (currently Cisco VoIP platform);
b) providing user assistance, performs maintenance and setup of local phone billing application;
c) ensuring uninterrupted and stable operation of Mission’s satellite devices and communications;
d) assisting in liaising with vendors providing communication services;
3. Assisting with ICT infrastructure actions, including maintenance, LAN and server administration;
4. Helping to resolve complex help desk issues and replacing the ICT Help Desk Assistant when needed;
5. Performing other duties as required.
- Citizenship of or permanent residence in the Republic of Serbia;
- Secondary education, supplemented by formal training in the field of information technology (ICT);
- Minimum four years of experience in data processing applications, including substantive practical experience in providing user support on office automation packages, preferably in an international environment;
- Established experience using modern communication solutions/software;
- Experience in ICT infrastructure and LAN support and maintenance;
- Very good practical experience with standard Microsoft packages, printers, Internet software and other common office automation software and hardware;
- Established experience with advanced word-processing, spreadsheets, databases and email in a networked environment;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Serbian;
- Holding a valid driving licence;
- Ability and willingness to work with people of different nationalities, cultural and religious backgrounds and diverse political views while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, as well as the ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
Candidates are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the OSCE core values and competencies by studying the OSCE Competency Model available at: https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
The incumbent will receive a one-year fixed-term Letter of Appointment, which will be subject to satisfactory completion of a 6-month probationary period, and which will be renewable annually, subject to satisfactory performance and continuing need for the post.
Appointments are normally made at Step 1 of the applicable salary scales.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions, is approx. EUR 1,504.92. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
How to Apply
Please apply online no later than 23.07.2020. Only online applications will be considered; applications received by email, post etc. will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates who have not been contacted by 31 August 2020 should consider there will be no follow up to their application.
Contact Tel. No: 011-3606 100, ext.: 4133, 4154, 4127 or 4130 (Human Resources Office).
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, cancel the recruitment, offer an appointment at a lower grade or offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.