In the seedy, greedy world of online crime, there are tens of thousands of counterfeit products placed for sale on the internet at any given moment. Pointer Brand Protection has developed an advanced software solution that allows our legal analysts to easily detect and act against online IP infringements on behalf of brands who are looking to eliminate knock-off items.
Why work at Pointer Brand Protection/Corsearch?
Our team analyzes millions of listings per day, ingesting data at a tera-scale rate. If that is not challenging enough, our overarching goal is to spot detrimental online activity for our customers and coordinate investigation activities in near real-time with advanced data-streaming and data-classification techniques. We run machine learning, image recognition, risk analysis and fraud detection algorithms in parallel to help clean the internet.
What do we ask of you?
There are a few skills you should master, but don’t be afraid; we strongly believe it is your character that determines whether you are a good fit for our team or not. Besides your experience and expertise, we would like you to bring excitement, speed, creativity and a moonshot attitude to the team. We thrive in a fast-paced, FUN startup environment, taking on many challenges at once. That is what we would like to see with you as well: a passion, a fire within.
- Solid experience in Go and multithreading programming;
- Proven experience in designing and implementing large data crawling architectures;
- Strong knowledge of crawling concepts such as page levels, web performance metrics, W3C standards and scraping tools;
- Familiar with common anti-scraping strategies (dynamic data loading, Reverse JS, IP proxy, cookie pool, authentication code, etc.);
- Proficient with Linux/Unix.
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing technical teams and software projects;
- You are a pragmatic programmer who understands what is needed to get things done;
- Fluent communication skills in English;
- Focus on details and quality;
- Proactive and goal-oriented;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Customer focus: You have the ability to understand what the customer challenge is, and drive backwards to reliable and effective technical solutions;
- Raise the bar: Your solutions and technical advice are founded on your solid technical experience. You have managed one or more teams into continued success and your leadership prevails even in ambiguous scenarios;
- Lead and build: We grow. You grow. Your team grows. You take responsibility for the growth and development of your team and help everyone around you improve every day.
Useful to have:
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services and its core products;
- Familiar with data streaming platforms such as Kafka or Kinesis.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 vacation days to recharge your batteries;
- Full time remote working;
- A laptop provided.
What do you do next?
If this sounds interesting, click apply and introduce yourself! We’d love to have a chat to get to know each other (either at our Pointer office or through Skype). We will be sure to keep you posted about the recruitment process every step of the way, which may also include an assessment. We very much look forward to hearing from you!