IGT (www.igt.com) is a global leader in gaming with 5$ billion revenue, 12000+ employees in more than 100 countries. IGT Belgrade branch provides gaming products for commercial casino markets, distributed government-sponsored markets, interactive (online) markets, and sports betting markets. Our branch in Belgrade has 250+ employees and it’s located at Business Center Usce with team offices with great views.
We are looking for Game Mathematician to join us in delivering the next generation of digital casino and lottery products for a worldwide audience. We are a passionate team, in the process of undergoing a technology shift.
Game Mathematician will join our team that is working on the Specialty product line, where we convert/adapt existing slot machine mathematics already released on casino market, to meet requirements for the updated market, and be released in the Specialty lottery. This position will get an existing game with pre-existing mathematical logic that needs to be adopted for new markets. Work will be based on modification of existing tools with Tools Developer in order to get proper mathematical logic. This position requires profile that has both mathematical and technical skills, strong focus, and ability to work both individually and with other teams.
In your daily routine, you will work closely with Game Developers, Tool Developer, Testers, Project Managers, Game Designers as well as with consultants from external laboratory that verify the game before it is released to the market.
Due to our international structure, IGT provides you with a challenging multicultural environment where you can use your initiative and contribute to the realization of the company’s targets. IGT strongly believes in personal development and invests continually in training and coaching.
What you’ll do:
- Understanding of various internally developed tools to adapt/convert mathematics to help Tools Developer from mathematical perspective
- Cooperate with our development team as well as with other studios in USA and Canada regarding mathematical guidance for new tools that are used by Tools Developer for math conversion, adaptation, and implementation of game changes
- Change of the existing mathematical logic (MPT), if required, to meet requirements of the new market
- Work together with Game Designer on the tuning of the various payouts of the game if math logics is changed
- If required, write Python simulations to test the mathematical logic of our games
- Work closely with Game and Tool Developer(s) as well as with other teams during the game development lifecycle
- Prepare the necessary mathematical documentation for technical approval, ensuring that jurisdictional requirements are met
- Be the internal contact person for requests and questions concerning game mathematics from external laboratory
- University degree in Mathematics, Software Engineering Physics or a related field
- Experience or basic proficiency in programming C++, C#, Python, Java, or a similar language
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- 2-4 years of experience in the area of mathematics, statistics, software engineering, or similar (experience in the game slot industry is not required but it is a big plus)
- Being precise, detailed, and accurate
- Proactive and team player (cooperating with other teams and having a curious mindset)
- Solid technical English as well as good communication skills
- Very competitive salary
- Career development in a stable environment (projects planned for several years in advance)
- Flexible working hours
- Private health insurance
- Well-connected location with global offices in Austria, UK, Italy, and United States
Our Recruitment Process:
- CV review
- Recruiter phone interview
- Test – Candidates will be asked to complete different assignments in the area of programming (Python preferred), combinatorics, probability calculation. You’ll have 7 days to complete the test.
- Technical interview
- Final interview (Salary and terms agreement)
Please send your CV electronically.