Full Stack Web Developer
HUBX is the premier capital raising and private placement solution for professionals. We build powerful out of the box solution that allows advisors to manage deals from origination to distribution. HUBX technology powers the London Stock Exchange Group’s ELITE private placement platform, and LSE is a strategic partner, client, and investor in HUBX.
Our team is constantly growing, and we look for people that bring a fresh approach to old models, enjoy working in a team and willing to challenge the status quo. With offices in London and Belgrade, we are looking for an experienced Full Stack Web Developer to join our Belgrade team of 35+ creative and talented people.
We work on large online platforms in the Fintech sector. We rely on modern technologies and workflows (SCRUM, Test-driven development, continuous integration) in our projects, and our focus is to build a professional team that is both flexible and capable to deliver ambitious projects in a timely manner.
AS AN EMPLOYEE OF HUBX YOU WILL
- Help to hit product milestones by writing high quality, well-tested code
- Help communicate and implement best practices across the engineering team
- Perform and participate in code reviews
- Work in a high-performance Scrum team
- Collaborate with product and design teams
WHAT WE OFFER
- Working in a friendly team of young people, flexible working hours, no bureaucracy or unnecessary pressure.
- Working exclusively dedicated on one project, no rotation between multiple projects at once.
- Opportunity to constantly learn and use new technologies, keep up-to-date with web development trends.
- Opportunity to show yourself and apply your skills, to progress faster than in large companies.
- Working under Agile principles, i.e. SCRUM framework.
- Ability to constantly learn new things through team training, learning and group exercises, collaboration with Senior colleagues.
- Becoming a team lead for future projects is possible.
- Over time, access to well-known UK and EU companies through projects.
- Positions with permanent status.
- A competitive salary and benefits.
- Personal Development through training, education and certifications.
- Extra bonuses for the staff with good results.
- Community budget and team building events.
- Develop web app front-end logic, mostly using Vue.js or ReactJS frameworks and integration with back-end API (built on Symfony Framework).
- Work on front-end assets (HTML/SASS), preparing responsive layouts based on Sketch designs provided by UI/UX designer.
- Develop web app back-end logic, mostly using Symfony framework and Doctrine ORM.
- Work with additional services such as Redis, ElasticSearch, and others.
- Develop an API for the mobile app
- Create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Write highly organized, maintainable code.
- Solve difficult problems while continuously learning and improving.
- Maintain data and code security and protection for the delivered projects.
- English language – above intermediate level is needed as we use it in daily work.
- Experience with vanilla JS, Vue.js and other front-end frameworks, with SASS/LESS, with API integrations – to be able to keep up with our projects we estimate that at least two years of experience is needed.
- Experience with OOP in PHP, with Symfony framework, Doctrine ORM, MySQL queries – to be able to keep up with our projects we estimate that 3-5 years of experience is needed.
- Experience with writing unit and integration tests.
- Experience with versioning control under GIT.
- Experience with continuous integration.
- Experience with automated testing and test-driven development.
- Responsibility for your work – developer’s scope of responsibility is not only the current task, but the whole project.
- Initiative – developer is supposed to take his own initiative to improve code, suggest solutions, fix problems, not only do what’s told.
- Experience with teamwork, collaboration, pair programming.
- English language – above intermediate level is needed as we use it daily
- Working with CI/CD (Jenkins)
- Knowledge working with Docker
- Experience working on AWS Infrastructure
Some of the technologies our technical stack include: PHP, Symfony, Doctrine ORM, Redis, RabbitMQ, Varnish, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Node.js, React, Vue.js
We offer a unique opportunity to work with leading financial firms and investors, with the ambition to revolutionize capital markets. You can be part of a world class, energetic team with a mix of people from all backgrounds and nationalities.
We value team collaboration and building agile self-organized teams that work closely with product and design team. By valuing each individual unique personality we are working together on building personal development plans of each individual. We are using OKR-s and work on our goals every quarter. We value expertise, integrity, accountability, and patience.
HOW THE HIRING PROCESS GOES
- We pick a shortlist of most interesting CVs and contact candidates.
- Shortlisted candidates will be given a test assignment.
- We assess at least 4-5 candidates for a position before making a choice.
- Please note that only a shortlist of candidates will be contacted. Picking the right developer is not a quick process so please be advised that the hiring will not be immediate and can require some time.
We hope to see you in our team!
If you would like to work with us and help us build the next generation capital raising platform, please send us your CV electronically. Thank you for your interest in joining HUBX!