Who should apply?
Full stack .NET developers looking for a fast-paced career in financial markets, to get exposure to the latest technologies and cloud frameworks, and receive a very competitive compensation package.
Why you should join?
When joining Alpha, you are joining a global family of more than 420 management consultants and software professionals who are leading experts in their respective fields.
Alpha FMC has a global presence, with offices in most major financial centres, and represents 21 out of the 25 top asset management companies.
Alpha’s software division, ADS, is a key driver for growth, and an excellent place for software professionals to build a fast-paced career in the financial industry.
Role Purpose and Mission
Support the development, maintenance and deployment of solutions within CBOR solutions, including the applications themselves and specific tooling required for this purpose.
- Develop and maintain highly performant T-SQL stored procedures, views and other database artefacts within the core product(s)
- Develop and maintain elegant .NET code using C# and various web technologies (WebApi, WCF, HTML, JS, CSS) within the core product(s)
- Develop and maintain tooling built to support product development and implementation in a variety of technologies
- Contribute your perspective and knowledge to problem solving and development/process improvements
- Use source control, automated build/deployment, and package managers effectively (Azure DevOps, Git, NuGet)
- Attention to detail and drive for quality
- Collegiate & collaborative with a “can-do” attitude to be part of a team and do what needs to be done to drive the product and team forwards
- A good problem solver who can extract the real requirements or root causes of issues
- 3+ years Application development experience in creating and maintaining:
- Highly performant server-side C# code within several industry-standard architectures including Web API, Web applications (any), Windows Services and microservices architectures
- Unit tests for all relevant code bases using industry standard frameworks like xUnit, Moq, etc.
- Highly performant T-SQL procedures, views, schemas
- 3+ years SQL Server, SQL Server 2017+
- Have experience in version control systems such as Git, Subversion, Bitbucket, TFS, understand branching strategies and the pit-falls when merging code between branches
- Be able to quickly understand business requirements and translate them into code. This includes the ability to perform the data analysis required on sample data to ensure that the written code is effective
- Have experience working with cloud platforms such as Azure and / or AWS and cloud services such as Azure SQL
- Experience developing and utilising modern containerisation technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Familiarity with collaboration suites i.e. Atlassian product (Jira, Confluence)
- SQL Server Integration Services – building and deploying packages
- Datawarehouse concepts and implementation experience
- Working with development methodologies such as Agile, Scrum
- Scripting languages e.g. VBA, Python, Powershell
Desired Business Experience
- Asset & Wealth Management industry business applications and data
- Data Quality and Data provider business applications
Desired Data Domain Experience
- Distribution Data in Asset & Wealth Management
- Enterprise Master & Reference data (e.g. Client & Product masters, Geography, Country & territory Reference data, FX & Pricing Ref Data)
- Transaction Data for asset management (e.g. TA & Fund accounting data, Platform & Distributor MI data)
- Ability to speak French/German useful but not essential
Participation in ADS Governance, Implementations & BAU Op Model Forums
- Business Management
- Solution Design Authority – on request /as needed
- ADS technology off-sites
- Slack channels and email groups assigned with the above
- Implementations and BAU Op Model
- Daily stand up – on request / as needed
- Client implementations
- BAU & implementation issues
- Core product development
- Slack channels and email groups assigned with the above
Indicative Effort Allocation across responsibilities (average over 12 months) Responsibility % of total effort Indicative Working Days C# Application / API Development and bugfixing 65% 143 SQL Development and bugfixing 25% 55 Mgmt reporting / team meetings 10% 22 Total 100% 220
About Alpha, ADS & CBOR Solutions
ADS is a division of Alpha Group (see information about Alpha below) which provides a market leading data solution to Asset & Wealth Management to address the challenge of 'messy data' that makes it hard for asset managers to get a clear view of the Client Book of Record - ie the economic data (flows, holdings, revenue & profit) about clients & fund investors.
Client Book of Record™ Industry Challenge
Asset & Wealth Managers still face substantial challenges – inconsistent, volatile transaction data volumes and a lack of master data - to establish a clear ongoing picture of client performance.
Industry leaders are building robust, scalable, cost effective enterprise Client Book of Record™ (CBOR) solutions to process to assign flows, holdings and revenue accurately to clients and underlying investors at an atomic or granular level.
ADS CBOR Solutions provides a best practice strategic solution for Asset Managers which matches transaction data to enterprise Master Data and provides daily CBOR outputs to consumer groups and business processes across the firm including: Finance, Sales, Marketing, Client Service, Compliance, Product Management and Front Office as well as external consumers including Investors and Regulators.
As part of its CBOR solutions offering is Alpha Data Solution's offers an enterprise application (360 SalesVista https://alphafmc.com/about/360-sales-vista) that harmonises hundreds of transaction and master data sources to produce a Daily Client Book of Record – flows, holdings and revenue matched to your firm’s master data for client, product and agreement.
Daily CBOR data outputs are rigorously quality checked and packaged in a variety of analytical outputs at lower cost and greater accuracy, providing earlier access to actionable insights that are scalable and trusted across the Enterprise – a cost effective replacement for ageing local solutions and the cottage industry of spreadsheets currently in place across much of the industry.
Alpha provides perspective, strategy and technical expertise to the world’s top asset and wealth managers.
As the company with the largest dedicated team of consultants to asset and wealth managers, we have unrivalled knowledge of the industry. With offices around the world, our global expertise and ability to respond at a local level set us apart.
- Offices in 8 major financial centres: London, New York, Boston, Paris, The Hague, Luxembourg, Switzerland and Singapore
- 130 leading asset and wealth management clients
- Clients include 21 of the top 25 global asset managers