MDPI is looking for an experienced Frontend Developer to join our growing IT team. You will work on existing and new systems designed to foster open access and help the scientific community. The position of Frontend Developer is a full-time and permanent position, based in our new office in the Science Technology Park, Zvezdara, in Belgrade.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Participate actively in various projects, from the design to the production phase
- Building efficient and reusable code, maintaining and improving existing libraries and modules
- Maintain and update our websites
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of the UI/UX design
- Collaboration with backend developers to improve usability
- Learn through sharing good practices
- Experience with responsive design (e.g. foundation, bootstrap)
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills to work well within a dynamic and international environment
- Able to think out of the box, identify and solve problems and develop creative and innovative solutions
Nice to have:
- Experience with UI/UX design
- Experience with Git
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (SASS, LESS)
- Experience working with package managers (NPM)
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 200 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Europe and Asia. We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms: