Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar based in San Mateo, CA. Our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. We offer great benefits and a welcoming work environment. The company is continuing to grow and we are seeking capable, knowledgeable and hard working individuals to join us!
About The Position
We’re currently hiring up to six new staff members, for internal needs of the Engineering Department.
Candidates from all walks of life are welcome, regardless of their formal education and experience types. Even if the candidates have no professional experience, we’re very open to having them compensate for this with the right mindset and knowledge.
Therefore, every candidate must be able to demonstrate in theory and in practice all the key Java, OOP, HTML, JS, CSS, team collaboration, contemporary development and certain historical/legacy programming methods.
This is an entry level position in the operational sense, only. Even with the fullest support and understanding of mentors and senior colleagues, the candidates must be able to jump into the deep end of a professional environment, from day one. It is expected that candidates are entering this position and profession as individuals who already have something to give.
Therefore, passive or limited knowledge obtained through a short course or entry-level projects during schooling, will not suffice, regardless of whether it was a college course or something attended on the side.
As an example, if you "have done a bit of" some programming language, "used a tool a few times," "not having come across a specific concept/method before," "recall XYZ being mentioned once or twice," “can’t recall principle XYZ” or similar, you are not going to be able to perform in this role.
Therefore, it cannot be stressed enough as to how important it is that you read and understand the exact requirements listed below.
- Utilize and expand your coding skills.
- Ensure that all the code is elegant, professional, safe, secure, efficient and compatible across all the major applications/browsers/systems.
- Work alongside our talented team members across other departments.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Abilities - MUST HAVES
This position requires constant interaction with documents, files and individuals from across the world. Therefore, candidates must have a strong ability and demonstrable proficiency to communicate in English. Its nature is not that of a "local" developer working on projects for different clients, but for the company's own needs. Being able to read, speak and write English at a professional level, is a must.
- Able to work independently and within agreed or self-imposed deadlines.
- Know when to ask for help and when to raise issues.
- Proficient with the entire scope of OOP concepts.
- Experience with core (legacy) Java as well as any other experiences with different OOP languages (such as C#), so that the skills are visible and readily demonstrable.
- Experience with SQL and any other DBs/languages.
- Experience with other/various cutting edge frontend technologies.
- React and/or Angular are a plus.
- Knowledge of C# is a plus.
- Knowledge of AJAX, XML and similar can be a plus.
- Knowledge of the domain name and web host industry is a plus.
- Experience with IDEs such as Eclipse and IntelliJ IDEA is a plus.
- Experience in a relevant or related field(professional or otherwise) is welcome.
- Competitive salary!
- Dynamic work shifts and time off!
- Welcoming work environment!
- Brand new office space!
- Brand new equipment provided!
Visit our website at https://www.dynadot.com or find us on various social networks.
We look forward to receiving your applications!