As an Experienced Software Engineer, you will be part of a high-performing team that will develop APIs and microservices for phoenixNAP’s infrastructure services using DevOps methodology. The team uses the latest technologies, frameworks, and approaches that merge development with operations to create the next generation platform for our customers that will allow them to run scalable applications in modern and dynamic environments including public, private, and hybrid clouds.
Close collaboration is required with the scrum master, peer architects, engineers, and product owner within a scrum team to develop, test, and deploy API products.
For the candidate with the right experience there is also the possibility to progress into a technical leadership role within the team.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develop APIs and microservices by following enterprise architecture standards and industry best practices
- Develop unit and integration tests for the CICD pipeline
- Research and perform proof-of-concept on new technology
- 2+ years of software development experience with programming languages, such as Java, GO, C#
- Extensive experience with REST API and microservices development
- Extensive experience with agile development and DevOps methodology
- Strong understanding of virtualization and container infrastructure technology
- Familiar with Linux operating systems
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools, such as Terraform, Puppet, Chef, and Ansible
- Experience with Cloud technology, such as AWS, Azure, OpenStack, VMWare etc.
- Experience with container and Cloud-Native technology, such as Kubernetes, Docker, Service Mesh etc.
- Experience with CICD tools such as Jenkins/Gitlab, Artifactory, etc.
- History of successful research and proofs of concept of new technologies
- Good communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skill
- Proficient in written and spoken English
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly innovative and creative team, in a great working environment using the latest technologies, methodologies, and frameworks. A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the right candidate.