Engineer Software Intern
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Working in a collaborative team of developers on diverse projects of the development Team, on our video processing line of products. Working within the team under the guidance of Senior or Lead Software Engineers on various software development tasks, integration of software components, development of UI elements and testing.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing software following coding standards, tools and release processes
- Executing technical designs for new software features or applications
- Implementing unit tests for assigned software capabilities
- Contributing ideas for process improvements, including coding practices, standards and tools
- Applying a sense of urgency, commitment and focus to the right priorities when developing
- Producing and maintaining internal technical documentation as required
- Continuous self-improvement of technical and communication skills
- Willingness to prepare for new challenges by learning and applying new languages, frameworks and technologies
- Comply with Cubic’s values and adherence to all company policy and procedures. In particular comply with the code of conduct, quality, security and occupational health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their manager from time-to-time, as may be reasonably required of them.
Skills knowledge and experience:
- Excellent skills in OO programming
- Working experience in some OO languages (C#, Java...)
Additional information about internship:
- Duration of internship is two months
- Internship is paid
Education and qualifications
- Enrolled full-time in Computer Science or Engineering undergraduate studies
- Positive, proactive and enthusiastic approach
- Ability to work within a team and on own initiative
- Attention to details
- Good communication skills