Senior Manager / Director (Product Management)
Embroker is the digital insurance company committed to improving the way businesses of all sizes manage risk. With a radically simple approach, Embroker is replacing the 1970’s technology of the insurance industry, with a first-ever end-to-end digital insurance platform that provides better coverage and reduced cost; all in minutes, not hours. Founded in 2015 and headquartered in San Francisco, Embroker has raised over $42M of funding from leading fintech investors.
Embroker, the easiest way to intelligently insure any business.
About the Position
The Embroker Product & Design team is looking for an experienced Director or Sr. Manager with a passion for building digital products that customers love to join our growing Belgrade team. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced start-up environment positioned for rapid growth and work with cross-functional teams in the US and Serbia to design, build and launch products and features that deliver on the company’s vision and strategy. You will coordinate with US-based team members to define, refine and prioritize the Embroker product roadmap, manage the overall product development process, and help guide continuous improvement initiatives.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer needs and experiences in the US commercial insurance space
- Collaborate with company leadership and US stakeholders across functional areas to help develop, refine, prioritize and execute the product roadmap
- Create buy-in for the product vision with stakeholders, development colleagues, and others
- Partner closely with US and Serbian product and design colleagues at every stage of the product lifecycle from ideation and design through release and iteration.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements in the form of user stories and other artifacts
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Work closely with Belgrade product and engineering teams to deliver high quality, delightful user experience with quick time-to-market/value.
- Help guide your product and engineering colleagues in product development best practices, process improvement, and innovation.
- Serve as a primary liaison between our US & Belgrade product and engineering teams, with periodic travel to the US (SF & Chicago).
What You Bring to the Team:
- 5-8 years of professional experience working in product management, product development and/or technology program/project management
- Demonstrated ability to define the product vision, roadmaps and backlogs for products & features you manage
- Deep knowledge and experience with agile software development methodologies with exceptional execution skills driving throughout the product lifecycle, from concept through launch and iteration
- Solid technical background and understanding of web software development, experience working closely with developers and QA engineers
- Experience optimizing product development processes to maximize visibility, quality, velocity, and value delivery
- Strong leadership, project management, and organization skills honed through working on fast-paced, cross-functional, multi-national development projects
- Strong teamwork and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and an eagerness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Strong written and spoken communication skills with a variety of audiences -- including designers, developers, senior executives, and users/customers
- Ability to communicate options and recommendations to executive management, and solicit and act appropriately on feedback
- Willingness to travel to the US on a periodic basis (1-2 times per year)
- People management and leadership experience preferred
- Bonus if you have a solid understanding of the U.S. insurance ecosystem or have proven to ramp quickly in a highly-technical B2B space
What Embroker offers
- Flexible work arrangement
- Top-of-the-line tools
- Scrum environment
- Use of fully-stocked kitchen
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
More about Embroker
The Embroker team is a diverse group with extensive experience in technology and insurance.
Embroker embraces differences and is committed to a workplace that is not only free of discrimination but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better experience for our clients.
At Embroker, we work hard, have fun solving difficult problems, and push the boundaries of what was thought possible in our industry. We are always looking for ways to get better and exceed what’s expected of us. Our team members take ownership of our customer experience and the success of the company. We encourage like-minded individuals to join us in building the next-generation insurance company.
Embroker is headquartered in San Francisco with additional offices in Boston, Chicago, Denver, New York and Belgrade, Serbia.