Developer Experience Engineer - SDKs
Auth0 is a pre-IPO unicorn. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our teams and will help take us to the next level. One team, one score.
We never compromise on identity. You should never compromise yours either. We want you to bring your whole self to Auth0. If you’re passionate, practice radical transparency to build trust and respect, and thrive when you’re collaborating, experimenting and learning – this may be your ideal work environment. We are looking for team members that want to help us build upon what we have accomplished so far and make it better every day. N+1 > N.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to help us enhance and maintain the developer experience for our customers. You’ll be helping our team maintain and enhance application integration SDKs, samples, and guides, while also helping our community of developers understand digital identity.
You will be primarily working with the following technologies:
- PHP, NodeJS
It would be ideal to have some exposure with the following:
- WordPress, Laravel, Circle CI or Github Actions
You GET developers! You know what they need, how to talk to them, how to make their lives easier, what makes them click, their dissatisfiers and their delighters. You recognize when a framework, library or product provides a great experience.
As a Developer Experience Engineer, you will use those talents to improve our entire onboarding process, from open-source SDKs and how-to guides, to reference documents and application samples. You will also be interacting with a large community of application builders on our Community site and GitHub. You will be the internal and external steward of the experience for the technologies that you love working with every day.
Each Developer Experience Engineer maintains one or multiple platforms, both internally within Auth0, and externally in the community. You will be working in a cross-functional team alongside the developer evangelist, onboarding, growth, dashboard, and field teams to provide the best developer experience for the technologies you own.
The most important qualifications for this position are software engineering expertise, empathy, and self-direction.
You will be:
- Writing, curating, editing developer resources: tutorials, examples, guides, and documentation.
- Directly shaping and developing our open source SDKs.
- Owning the code samples and implementation guidance for Auth0.
- Championing Auth0 by engaging directly with the community.
- Gathering and channel user feedback within the company to improve the experience for developers on Auth0.
- The go-to-expert in the company, internally and externally, providing domain knowledge and reviews for Auth0 in these technologies.
You'd be a great fit if you had:
- A deep understanding of writing, running, maintaining, securing, and debugging applications.
- The ability to communicate effectively in person, asynchronously, and in code.
- Demonstrable experience authoring developer documentation (tutorials, blog posts, docs).
- The ability to be self-directed and be effective working independently, yet feel equally comfortable contributing in a global team environment.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working in distributed teams and work environments.
- Created open-source material or have contributed to open-source projects.
- Knowledge in the identity and access management space.
- Experience with CI and/or package deployment automation
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!