In Developer Relations, we collaborate and connect with communities that love technology as much as we do. Our team interacts with developers across the globe both at conferences as well as online, and advocates for third-party developer interests and needs internally at phoenixNAP. Our focus is on supporting third-party developers who build applications and businesses on phoenixNAP's platforms. Not afraid to be hands-on, you might write sample code, author client libraries, working with strategic phoenixNAP partners to facilitate and organize our developer communities.
As a Developer Advocate, you will connect with developers and speak externally about cutting-edge technologies on conference panels, meet ups, and on blogs. Your work will foster a community of developers integrating with phoenixNAP technologies and will help drive strategy around Developer Relations. You might appear on our YouTube channels, podcasts, trainings, or support channels to troubleshoot and debug technical problems encountered by developers. In collaboration with phoenixNAP Engineering teams, you will improve products by conveying feedback from developers, reviewing and contributing to API designs, writing production ready code, and testing new features.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Partner/consult with external developers to ensure successful implementation of products. Create momentum and drive the success of the product.
- Improve and standardize the developer experience for all phoenixNAP developer products and platforms. Educate developers on best practices for effective integration of phoenixNAP developer products.
- Provide 1:1 support for phoenixNAP partner and developers on social and open source software (OSS) platforms. Help partners design integrations, fix bugs, improve UX, and solve problems at scale.
- Work on the core source code of phoenixNAP's products and identify, reproduce, and/or fix issues that are affecting our users.
- Advocate for developers and other Technical Practitioners internally, and influence phoenixNAP developer product strategy by working with Product Management, Go-to-Market, Engineering, Support, Marketing, Business Development, and other cross-functional teams.
- 2 years of experience as a software engineer, developer, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a technical consulting or client facing capacity.
- Experience with large group communications and presentations will be considered an asset.
- Experience working in a consultant capacity or a track record of helping fellow developers are ideal.
If you are interested in this position, please send a covering letter and CV in English!