GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices. Conduct research, tests, and execute new techniques which could be reused and applied to the software development cycle.
- Responsible for building, testing and maintaining the infrastructure and tools to allow for the speedy development, release and support of software in production
- Accountable for designing, building, and optimizing automation systems that help to execute business web and data infrastructure platforms.
- Involved in creating technology infrastructure, automation tools, and maintaining configuration management.
- Accountable for conducting training sessions to the juniors in the team, and other groups regarding how to build processes wherein the dependencies are showcased.
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
- Working on ways to automate and improve development , release and support processes for software
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing updates and ‘fixes’
- Working with software developers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Continuously enhance monitoring and alerting and focus on symptoms and not on outages
- Participate in post incident reviews, document findings and automate self healing jobs to reduce MTTR
- Should possess at least 5 years of work experience as a DevOps Engineer.
- Ample knowledge and experience in system automation, deployment, and implementation.
- Experienced in using Linux, Jenkins, and ample experience in configuring and automating the monitoring tools.
- Possess experience in the software development process and tools and languages like SaaS, Python, Java, Shell scripting, Python, Ruby, Go, MySQL and Git.
- Demonstrate knowledge in handling distributed data systems ELK, Grafana, application performance monitoring and packet trace analysis tools (e.g. wireshark)
- Familiar with the Linux Shell for administration and troubleshooting
- Familiar with the usage of configuration management systems like Chef, Ansible, Puppet
- Have experience with Nginx, HAProxy, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, or similar technologies
- Hunting mentality for system uptime and performance - explore edge cases, failure modes, behaviors, specific implementations.
- At least 7 years of experience in IT Infrastructure or software development
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical ability, strong judgment and the ability to deliver high performance and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Must be able to work under extreme pressure with stro