Database Chief Architect
$ 100k/Year Flexible Long-term
Good fit for: Senior Database Administrator
Want to learn how to guide a talented pool of database architects and engineers to come up with new ideas to continuously improve our cloud-based SaaS systems?
Interested in utilizing your years of Database Architect to help improving database management systems architecture? Are you inspired to enhance our database administration, optimization and also the service levels of our database products?
If you are open to new ideas and concepts, then this role is for you.
As a DB Architect you will conduct tech reviews, proactively plan, implement and maintain DB operational services, backup, and recovery. We expect you to support design and execute capacity planning activities, and oversee all database software patches and upgrades.
Crossover recruits and builds world class high performing teams to power the fastest growing portfolio of software products in the world. No other company provides the training and the opportunities to test yourself on the depth and diversity of projects that we do. All roles are location independent so you are guaranteed to work with the best in the world. Challenge yourself. Be part of the change.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Our factory is designed to deliver excellent quality at a high pace. In every team that you work in, you will be expected to deliver work to a high level of quality. Your work quality is measured through the First Time Acceptance Rate, which means passing the quality bar set by your leadership team.
As Database Chief Architect ($100k/year), you will conduct tech reviews, proactively plan, implement and maintain DB operational services, backup, and recovery. We expect you to support design and execute capacity planning activities, and oversee all database software patches and upgrades.
This leadership position will support the database application programming activities of engineering or professional services staff as needed. It also demands proficiency of hands-on professionals with a robust Cloud background, who are comfortable with aggressive weekly targets.
- Create solutions architecture and algorithms that scale to the customer's enterprise/global requirements
- Analyze processing issues and data anomalies to identify solutions
- Ensure availability and performance of all databases
- Work with infrastructure staff to make sure that needed system resources are allocated to the databases and to ensure high availability and optimal performance
- Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime
- Installation of database software and related products. Managing the patching process for the servers and database software
- Provide daily production support and troubleshooting as needed to resolve issues as quickly as possible
- Responsible for problem escalation to the development team, vendors or third party service providers as appropriate
- Leading a small team of Database Engineers to apply engineering practices and implement automation across all elements of solution delivery
- Manage accountability of team members, with a pinpoint focus on quality; however personally accountable for resolution of the most technically challenging issues
- Work a standard 40-hr week and mostly Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with AWS Aurora Services for both MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with MSSQL on AWS.
- 3+ years of experience in an architect or similar role in the last 5 years.
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning databases to provide high availability service.
- Good proficiency in the English language
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with AWS cost optimization and service management
- Hands-on experience with Oracle Database
- Experience with database backup and recovery
- Experience with configuring and maintaining virtual servers
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
We believe in continuous growth and strive for continuous improvement. We also have an obsessive focus on improving the quality of teams, and you will learn how to do this as part of your work in our continuous journey towards improving the quality of products.
As Database Chief Architect, you will learn how innovation and experimentation with technology can help drive database management productivity improvements and how to guide your team to design and implement new database architecture and algorithms solutions.
You will also learn how to operate in our metrics-driven culture, which is the foundation of our success in measuring and improving every engineering process and product we deliver. This also ties into the use of WorkSmart Pro, where you can learn how to improve your efficiency during your standard working day. You will learn how our centralized software factory model benefits an organization and gains from an economy of scale; the more we grow, the more efficient we become.