Cloud Operations Engineer
30k/Year Flexible Long-term
Crossover, the world’s largest #remotework company is looking for high performing Cloud Operations Engineers for long-term, full-time roles. We offer 100% #remotejobs working with the best talent from around the world. It is also an opportunity to learn and work on cutting-edge monitoring tools, which allow you to operate at a scale of thousands of servers for 70+ different software companies.
As a member of a high performing software engineering team, you will be working with the top 1% of global engineering talent developing high-quality software. You may work across several of our products using multiple technologies. The pace is fast and rewarding as you will be solving the hardest problems in our products and processes. Apply now to start your long-term career path with us and shape the #futureofwork.
Crossover recruits and builds world class high performing teams to power the fastest growing portfolio of software products in the world. No other company provides the training and the opportunities to test yourself on the depth and diversity of projects that we do. All roles are location independent so you are guaranteed to work with the best in the world. Challenge yourself. Be part of the change.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
As a Cloud Operations Engineer with Crossover, you will be a hands-on professional working with massive scale cloud infrastructure. You will be part of a, shift based, 24x7 infrastructure support team for our Cloud-based applications. You will be the respondent for various system change requests from the business as well as handling use well-defined processes to recover from system outages. You will use infrastructure monitoring tools and proactively do in-depth root cause analysis on monitoring alerts to constantly improve the stability of the systems.
- Ensure the uptime of our multi-tenant infrastructure
- Resolving outages based on defined processes and product knowledge
- Monitor incoming requests and follow documented processes for troubleshooting, recovery and service restoration processes
- Provide insights to optimize our cloud computing costs
- Use state of the art monitoring tools to gather insights and then act upon the results
- Provide shift based on-call support
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding
- 1+ years of demonstrated experience maintaining SaaS applications in one of the major platforms (Azure, GCP, AWS, IBM Cloud) and cloud orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Marathon, VMware, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience with Linux and Windows Server operating systems
- Familiarity with ITIL processes, especially Incident, Change and Problem Management
- Good proficiency in the English language
- Demonstrate success as a problem solver
- Be a results-oriented individual
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world
NICE TO HAVE:
- Databases experience: MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Networking Skills
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
As a Cloud Operations Engineer in Crossover, you will learn how to have an obsessive focus on improving the quality of your work and the quality of products through the use of First Time Acceptance Rate. You will get an opportunity to learn and work on cutting-edge monitoring tools, which allow you to operate at a scale of thousands of servers for 70+ different software companies.
The candidate will be exposed to our metrics-driven culture, which is the foundation of our success in measuring and improving every engineering process and product we deliver.
Working with the top 1% talent will help you master your technical skills and become a specialist in some of the parts of our software factory model, such as the development of automated unit test or bug fixes. Ultimately Crossover’s dynamic environment will allow the candidate to move fast, set and achieve aggressive goals.
Deadline for applications: 03.09.2021.