Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS’s award-winning Ambit risk management solutions enable financial institutions around the globe to avoid the next meltdown by quantifying and mitigating their risk.
FIS Risk, Credit and Lending is seeking a Software Engineer Specialist with strong C++ skills to join our Belgrade based Ambit BancWare development team. The individual will thrive by being a team-oriented player in a highly collaborative environment using agile development processes. The candidate must be a self-starter who is always open to optimizing existing development practices through new technologies, patterns, and processes.
What you will be doing
- Participate in the agile (Scrum) process throughout the SDLC to engineer solutions to complex Mathematical ALM Risk modelling problems to meet the business needs of our customers.
- Participate in project planning sessions, working closely with business analysts and other team members to analyze requirements and provide design recommendations for complex systems
- Design and develop new software or make modifications to existing complex software applications using disciplined processes, adhering to industry standards and best practices
- Take part in reviews of work, e.g. design and code reviews, and demonstrate software to all stakeholders
- Share knowledge and provide technical guidance to other team members within areas of expertise
- Work with technical staff to analyze and understand problems with complex software and resolve them
What you bring
- Expert skills in C++
- 7+ years development experience in Microsoft technologies
- Strong knowledge and experience with COM
- Expert knowledge of Object Orient Patterns and Design, data structures and algorithms.
- Solid experience with relational database development, including logical design, stored procedures, functions, triggers and performance tuning
- Demonstrated expertise performance tuning applications from top to bottom; including profiling of applications
- Strong logical and analytical skills, with the ability to creatively troubleshoot and resolve challenging problems
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills to effectively express ideas, engage in complex discussions and collaborate with a wide range of colleagues
- Proactive, delivery-oriented team player who takes responsibility for the team’s success
Added bonus if you have
- Experience in the banking or financial services industries with knowledge of financial instruments. Candidate must demonstrate interest in learning and applying financial concepts
- Knowledge of WPF is desirable
- Experience in building applications with Excel is a plus
- Knowledge of VB and VBA is a plus
- Knowledge of Test-Driven Development and Model Driven Development
What we offer you
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, work from home – 4 days per month, etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.