Selerant (www.selerant.com) is a leading provider of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software and works with some of the world’s largest manufacturers and best-known brands, including Nestlé, Bacardi, Lindt, Barilla, Avon, Shiseido and Mapei.
Our software supports hundreds of companies around the globe in the Food & Beverage, Cosmetics and Chemical industries, manages their new product development process, regulatory compliance and quality management needs.
Due to strong business growth, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Business Analyst to join our international team.
The Business Analyst is a key role within our Product and Solution Management group, focusing on the elicitation and definition of comprehensive business, stakeholder and solution requirements that specify product solutions that satisfy our customer business needs.
You will work closely with Product Owners, Solution Architects and Subject Matter Experts in order to define needs and recommend solutions that deliver value to our internal and external stakeholders.
Your goal is to understand of contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, validation, and management practices and the ability to apply them in practice in order to provide a business-oriented solution.
This is a great opportunity for a professional who is looking for a new challenge in a dynamic and innovative software company!
- Work with the product owner or project sponsor to document the project’s business requirements.
- Identify project stakeholders and user classes. Document user class characteristics. Identify appropriate representatives for each user class and negotiate their responsibilities.
- Collect requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process analysis, use cases or user stories, scenarios, event lists, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
- Decompose high-level business and stakeholder requirements into solution requirements, specified in an appropriate level of detail and in appropriate forms suitable for use by those must base their work on the requirements.
- Specify quality attributes, external interfaces, and constraints.
- Represent requirements using alternative views, such as visual analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or simulations, where appropriate.
- Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards.
- Manage the creation and use of requirements trace information.
- Track requirements status throughout the project.
- Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective and appropriate application of change control processes and tools.
- Establish and implement effective requirements practices, including the continuous improvement of a requirements process. Assist with the development of the organization’s requirements engineering policies, procedures, and tools.
- Implement ways to reuse requirements across projects.
- Identify ways to assist product management in product planning through requirements development and analysis. Propose new product features and updates.
To be successful in this role, candidates must be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and competencies:
- 2-3 years of proven experience within business analysis activities in IT industry
- Technical formal education is a must (School of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Organizational Sciences, Faculty of Mathematics, The School of Electrical and Computer Engineering of Applied Studies…)
- Excellent written and spoken English (higher education majoring in English is a plus)
- IIBA/IREB/OMG certification is a plus
- Familiarity with contemporary requirements engineering books and resources
- An understanding of how to practice requirements engineering according to several software development life cycles in a team environment
- Knowledge of product management concepts and how enterprise software products are positioned and developed
- Knowledge of existing tools for requirements development and requirements management to be able to choose appropriate tools for a given project and environment
- Application domain knowledge is a plus, to have credibility with user representatives and be able to work effectively with them.
Competencies & Interpersonal Skills:
- Collaborative, proactive and results-oriented mindset
- Should be able to work with minimal supervision and have strong work initiative
- Must be a good team player with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A self-starter who can work both independently and within a team
- Is able to work effectively within geographically dispersed teams, including projects where the BA will be remote from the rest of the project team.
- Contribute to an established and experienced team
- Mature and highly professional Selerant leadership team
- Product training and development programs
- Become a critical part of an international product development, supporting software that that has a global user base.
- Friendly, informal, and knowledge-sharing environment with smart people around you
- Chance to join a team and a company globally recognized for product innovation within the industries we serve
- Fast growing international company
- Corporate activities including happy hour, team building events
- Paid medical check up
- Long-term project
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus program
- Close cooperation with highly skilled professionals, functional and technical experts
- Opportunity for professional and career growth