All roles with Chainlink Labs are globally remote based. We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
You will be joining the team that is building Chainlink as a Systems Admin. This role is very hands-on and is ideal for someone who has been a node or staking operator. You will be proactively monitoring alerts and perform manual monitoring and first-responder triage of issues. You will have exposure across the organization and a lot of opportunities to learn and grow.
- Debug issues based on contextual knowledge of node operations and our feeds
- Perform required system maintenance operations, including making sure nodes are always updated, functional and have sufficient balances
- Act as escalation point for alerting from our incidence response team
- Actively track and analyze blockchain network activity such as gas fees, upcoming forks, and upgrades
- Maintaining data provider quality - understanding the value secured on behalf of users, and exercising your judgment to evaluate data quality, connecting node operators with the right API providers for the job
- Node operator quality - using your commercial and technical skills to monitor network health and ensure the highest service quality provision by node operators to users
- 1+ years of sysadmin / DevOps experience or equivalent
- Experience running a blockchain node, knowing your way around the Ethereum ecosystem and using common blockchain explorer and smart contract tools
- Experience interfacing with nodes and blockchain-related services via RPC and the command line
- Hands on experience with JSON
- Have a strong respect for security requirements and implications in a blockchain environment
- Experience with scripting languages is a plus
- Experience supporting complex web applications/services and backend APIs on an AWS stack
- Familiarity with alerting, monitoring, visualization frameworks such as Prometheus, ELK stacks
- An analytical thinker able to take a bigger picture view of the ecosystem
- Experience with Bash, Node.js and/or any scripting languages is a plus
Smart contracts are on track to revolutionize how all agreements work, through an entirely new system of technologically enforced contract guarantees. Chainlink enables next-generation smart contracts that can be written about any/all events in the real world, the details of our approach can be found in our whitepaper. We are well recognized for providing highly secure and reliable blockchain connectivity to the world's largest enterprises such as Google, Oracle, SWIFT, and many more.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world. Though we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.