As Switzerland’s leading digital hub, we provide our media and platforms with enabling technology solutions, to drive their businesses. We stand for interdisciplinary collaboration, innovation and dynamic development.
We are on the move – and want to keep moving. We are farsighted. We are proactive. We are courageous. We are TX.
We do only in house development, we are a more than 100 years old company but we are innovative and develop technologies not only products.
Our TX Data Analytics team in Belgrade is expanding and we are looking for a Big Data QA specialist. We build, extend, and maintain quite a big microservice stack with more than 500 microservices. The workloads range from ingesting billions of signals per month with Kafka, to highly-available reporting and Machine Learning solutions for 4 million users.
We enjoy building robust, self-healing pipelines with Scala, Go, Java, Python, Spark, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, AWS Athena.
With the fast advance of big data technology and analytics solutions, big data computing and service is becoming a very hot subject in the industry. Nevertheless, there are increasing data quality problems resulting in erroneous data costs in enterprises and businesses.
We are looking for a person who will know how to effectively validate big data to ensure data quality.
If that sounds appealing to you, please let us know, we'd love to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Look into large data sets trying to discover anomalies, data trends, errors
- Automate the process of monitoring data collecting process, data normalization, reporting
- You will design, build and test new parts of our infrastructure which will automate data quality checking and verification
- Collaborate with other development and operations teams in the TX Group
- Work with our development teams to understand end-user requirements as well as all products developed by our engineering team
- To be first line support in communication with clients
We are looking for:
- At least 2+ years of experience working on production systems
- Proficiency in SQL, Relational Databases, QA knowledge and QA automation
- Good in mathematics and statistics
- Practice in contemporary coding standards like clean code and automation tests
- A positive mindset
- Excellent technical communication skills - documentation, presentations and conference-calls
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
- Good sense of humor
- Drinking a beer is a plus as well
What you can expect from us:
- Be a part of establishing a Swiss-based subsidiary - TX Services in Belgrade
- Flexibility during the global pandemic: We understand that everyone has different needs and as a team we've learned to adapt
- A great heterogeneous team with different interests and skills, that enjoys working together
- Flexible working hours and home-office possibilities
- We value personal improvement and support you in expanding your knowledge with courses and conferences
- A yearly internal conference (https://tx.tamedia.ch/) in Zürich, with international keynote speakers and an opportunity for you to learn how other teams work and show off your own successes and experiences
- Assistance and Support through all aspects of the on boarding process
- Travel opportunities to our satellite offices around Europe. Specifically to our headquarters in Zürich, where we like to meet regularly for collaboration, events and off-sites