Funding Options are looking for a talented Backend Developer to help reimagine and reinvent how small businesses discover and access the right financial products for their needs. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, you will lead a team of 4 (that will grow further) and be responsible for achieving the backend roadmap goals.
This is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate Lead Engineer who has previously worked at tech scale-up or disruptor (or who has equivalent experience), delivered significant growth and knows what to expect from the challenges of a scaling company.
We work in an agile fashion, small cross functional squads, with daily stand-ups and fortnightly retrospectives. You’ll bring new ideas, and become an integral part of the process of continuously improving our product.
Our stack includes - Python, AWS environments (including Lambda & Fargate), Terraform, CircleCI, React / Gatsby, Sentry and Google BigQuery / Stitch / Metabase.
- Take ownership of the code base
- Lead the team of currently 4 back-end developers (but growing)
- Help to define architectures
- Conduct 1:1s, performance reviews and provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior members of the team, ensuring team targets are set and achieved
- Help to improve the product by assessing and selecting new technologies
- Contribute to the on-going growth of the engineering teams by sharing best practice and feedback
- Establish and oversee the departments’ culture - ensuring the adoption of Funding Options’ vision and values, driving and acting as a key change agent through any business changes
- Establish an appropriate daily and weekly working rhythm for the team
- Work with the CTO and People team on the headcount needs of the team and recruiting new hires to your team
A bit about you:
- 5 years + experience with Python frameworks (e.g. Django, FastAPI, Flask) and Terraform (or other deployment tools)
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- The ability to provide input and influence discussions around best practices and new technologies
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Understanding of databases and SQL
- Experience working in Scrum or Agile development
- Leadership skills with proven experience mentoring and coaching more junior team members