Our partner CKW is a leading service provider for the energy, data, and infrastructure in Switzerland with the experience and the know-how to tackle the challenges of a new energy world. CKW focuses on creating simple and inspiring solutions that give customers access to the modern uses of energy and digital infrastructure. By reducing the variety and complexity of the changing energy world, they give customers orientation and answers - helping them make the right decisions.
Together with our partner we are expanding the team and looking for a: Backend Engineer
As a part of a cross-functional team, you will work on backend and API changes as well as the strategies on how to build up the platform for future services. You will work on a modern customer application with microservices architecture.
- Developing, testing, and maintaining the backend services of the platform
- Taking ownership of feature development with an understanding of the business context and technological capabilities of the platform
- Researching and making proposals on how to shape the platform architecture and implement new technological solutions
- Working on a containerized setup with a deep understanding of Docker
- Developing and maintaining CI/CD Pipeline
- You have 5 + years of experience in developing, deploying, and maintaining microservices
- You have a solid understanding of building microservices based on Java, Spring, Spring Boot or Kotlin
- You have experience with both relational and NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB or ClickHouse and you are eager to learn new technologies
- The ELK stack is well known to you, and you have a deep understanding of Prometheus and Grafana
- You can maintain and further develop our CI/CD pipeline, and you have experience with products like GitLab CI, GitHub Actions, CircleCI or comparable
- It's common for you to work on a containerized setup and you have a deep understanding of Docker and YAML
- You prefer to work in cross-functional and self-organized teams
- Open Standards like OpenID Connect, Oauth, and SAML are not unknown to you to secure your applications; knowledge of Keycloak, Okta, or another solution is a plus
- Understanding smart-contract technologies is a plus
- Understanding Infrastructure as Code, especially Terraform is a plus
- Experience either on Azure, AWS, or GCP is a plus
- You are used to making Code Reviews for other team members
- You are fluent in English
- We value work-life balance and have flexible working hours
- We offer you a chance to visit conferences and training, as we are dedicated to allowing all our team members to further enhance their knowledge
- Lots of team activities and perks: yearly retreats, workshops, hackathons
- Work with an international team of world-class engineers
- Modern, sunny, and open working place with a positive and fun atmosphere.
- A stimulating work experience that will allow you to grow both professionally and personally
- Know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know and after the successful probation period come and collect a well-deserved referral fee!